Board meeting Minutes/10 Sep 2012

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
25-26 Aug 2012
Board meeting Minutes Next:
24 Sep 2012



Minutes approved: 19 Nov 2012


Present
Philip Kizer (chair), William Bilancio, Matt Disney, Ski Kacoroski, Jesse Trucks, Martin Gehrke, Dan Rich, Evan Pettrey
Apologies
John Boris
Opened
909pm Eastern Time
Closed
1021pm Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Action Items

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report
    • Financial Standing Summary
    • Action Items:
      • Account transition - Evan
        • Migrate majority of funds from TD Bank to Bank of America
        • Migrate recurring debits and credits to Bank of America once funds have been transferred
      • Get remainder of finance committee added to new Bank of America account - Evan, Matt, Philip
        • Requires all three of us to be at a Bank of America location simultaneously
      • Gain access to all financial accounts - Evan, Matt
        • Accounts transitioned successfully so far:
          • Paypal
        • Still need access:
          • QuickBooks
          • American Express
      • File 2011 990 - Matt, Evan
        • Self-imposed deadlines:
          • Completed for review - Monday, September 17
          • Submitted - Wednesday, September 19
      • File 2010 990 - Evan, Matt
        • Self-imposed deadlines:
          • Completed for review - Monday, October 8
          • Submitted - Monday, October 15
  • Membership report
    • See CiviCRM
    • 802 members -- Down 62 members since the last con-call
    • Only 19 new/renewed membership in Aug
    • 114 lapsed members this quarter, 31 in August, 274 YTD
  • Technical services report
    • Forums in progress - working out technical issues
    • Tech Team to meet on planning final server move
  • Conference/events activities report
    • OLF coming up - Ohio local setting up table for free
    • SCaLE - payment to LOPSA in progress
    • Cascadia - CFP out
    • LOPSA-East - CFP out
    • LISA - handled by Ski this year
  • Mentorship Status report
    • Working on some automation
  • Upcoming LOPSAgram and #lopsa-live
    • LL agenda created and planning started
    • LL focus on new Board and planning for next year
  • Liaison reports
    • LC - LC Chair contacting potential new LC members

Review projects from face-2-face meeting

  • Projects briefly discussed to set stage for year's work as planned in face to face meeting
  • Deadlines and deliverables discussed for projects
  • Public progress report by Jesse as Project Manager method discussed

LISA Conference... (Ski)

  • Discount to $40 again this year
  • Ski working on a communication plan
  • Ski gave Anne the list of names for LISA postal mailing (632 total of 846 members had postal addresses)
  • Discussed potential for rooms for BoFs if possible - though difficult to do this year so unlikely
  • Community meeting schedule needed

LOPSA-LA Chapter Approval... (Martin)

  • LOPSA-LA has petitioned for chapter status
  • has 6 confirmed LOPSA members
  • has submitted list of goals and objectives, and meeting schedule (mailed to board@lopsa.org)
  • Martin moves the Board approve the LOPSA-LA full chapter petition.
    • Seconded by William
    • LOPSA-LA approved

Communications report (Ski)

  • Will add this report to standing reports - Philip to implement in template.

Notes/announcements

Adjournment

Motion to adjourn by Jesse at 1021pm, second by William.