Board meeting Minutes/11 Feb 2013

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
28 Jan 2013
Board meeting Minutes Next:
25 Feb 2013



Minutes approved: 25 Feb 2013

Present
(Subject to verification) Philip Kizer (chair), William Bilancio, Martin Gehrke (may be a bit late), Dan Rich,John Boris,Matt Disney (late), Ski Kacoroski
Apologies
Evan Pettrey (started new job today - working late tonight), Jesse Trucks,
Opened
20:05 Eastern Time
Closed
20:39 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

  • Pushed to next meeting

Action Items

  • Everyone needs to check RT at least once a week
  • If you reply to a ticket, "take" it so it doesn't stay unassigned (I'm looking for an RT script to automate this)

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report
    • On hold as Evan has started a new job
  • Membership report
    • Summary provided, numbers were better
  • Technical services report
    • Ski is waiting for Puppet Labs info to be posted so he can notify the sponsor. He will put a ticket in the Tech Services Queue.
  • Conference/events activities report
    • Cascadia and LOPSA-East are open.
    • Scale is in two weeks. We will be teaching two classes. We requested to be next to USENIX.
    • Cascadia Sponsors picking up.
    • HP asked for a W9 Form document and William is sending it out.
    • John asked how the tables are handled at the conferences. William and Ski explained that they are usually free for non-profits. Also if we do any other conferences. There have been suggestions to go to other conferences. Philip stated it always hinges on availability and personnel to man the table. These are sent to people/companies that have contacted him.
  • Mentorship Status report
    • 2 mentors and proteges were added. Thomas gave Phil help on the mentorship question for the Spiceworks interview
  • Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
    • Ski explained the steps Ski did to get Puppet on board. He explained that he uses Quick text in Thunderbird and when he sees a company he sends out the email. Puppet was his first success out of three responses.
  • Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (last meeting of the month only)
    • Ski is pushing Cascadia applicants and sponsors. He is trying to get the social media names to communications@LOPSA.org so it is not under his name. He is working with Scale for press releases. He is looking for contacts to send Press releases.
    • Looking to get a tall vertical add so Matt Simmons can put it on his site.
    • He is also looking to get a press release group up in Civi so it makes it easier to send Press Releases.
    • Martin says that there is a LOPSA-Live coming up and it will stay on IRC as he hasn't found a newer medium.
    • William mentioned we have Go-To-Webinar available. Martin is trying to find a person who will do the moderating if we go to Video or Audio.
  • Project Management report
    • Awaiting Jesse
  • Liaison reports (LC, etc.)
    • William contacted Parter and will report back by next meeting. He has at least one other person who will run in the next election.

T-Shirt Procurement (Bilancio)

  • I have talked with Inkspill which is the company that does the printing of the Business Cards.
  • They have come up with a price for the t-shirts as well as being the facilitators of storing/shipping all shirts.
    • Pricing details provided.
  • Once we make the decision on what we want to do we can set up the store on the web site and have all orders forward to Inkspill.
  • It was brought up that we will have to keep the monies raised separate from donations and sales.
  • A consensus was meant to start with the T-Shirts
  • Art Work should be in art department in EPS format.
  • Matt asked about Collared shirts. Dan said there is a problem with the Lands End Store. Matt said that he gets a lot of questions and comments on the long sleeved shirts with the LOPSA Logo.
  • Matt also stated that we have to be more diligent in keeping the monies collected by donations and Sales for the 990 forms. Any questions on the financial side Evan or Matt should be contacted.
  • Martin mentioned there was a local chapter member who had an embroidery service that could handle large runs. Lands End is Just in Time.
  • If there is a large request for the embroidered items we can revisit this and see if we can do a large run.
  • Consensus is to go with the T Shirts

New Business

Philip will include an item for brainstorming and bootstrap our solicitation for sponsorship. Start thinking about the vendors you use or would like to use

Adjournment

Motion for adjournment Dan Second William