Board meeting Minutes/11 July 2011

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
27 June 2011
Board meeting Minutes Next:
25 July 2011


Minutes approved: 25 July 2011


Present
Subject to verification Philip Kizer (chair), Lois Bennett, William Bilancio, Jimmy Kaplowitz, Dan Rich, Jesse Trucks
Apologies
Ski Kacoroski, Matthew Barr ...
Opened
2005 Eastern Time
Closed
2117 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Action Items

See RT Board Dashboard

RT Ticket Status
User Open tickets
Nobody 5
drich 12
lois 10
pckizer 4
pensezbien 7
ski 6
wbilancio 7
  • We need to start contacting expired sponsors to see if they will continue to be a sponsor (SKI's Task)
  • If we want to provide discounts for bringing in new members, that will require new code. Decided to hold off until new board.
  • Phoned AH again and left message about our debt. Plan to get Sam to act as intermediary.
  • Working on server-004 going for development and backup

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report
    • Minimal change since last time (some bills paid and some new income)
    • Still have not heard from OLF about our invoice
  • Membership report
    • Numbers are down. It looks like we are loosing folks who are not renewing.
    • See CiviCRM for this week's status
    • 93 lapsed members last quarter
Membership Summary (counts are new / renewed / total)
Members by Type June July (MTD) 2011 (YTD) Current #
Individual 8 / 2 / 10 3 / 0 / 3 185 / 24 / 209 501
Student 1 / 0 / 1 0 / 0 / 0 11 / 1 / 12 36
Honorary 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 0 / 0 0
Charter 0 / 5 / 5 0 / 3 / 3 1 / 8 / 9 126
Founding 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 1 / 1 12
Complimentary 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 0 / 0 1 / 0 / 1 1
Totals (all types) 9 / 7 / 16 3 / 3 / 6 198 / 34 / 232 676
  • Technical services report
    • RT has been fixed so custserv and techteam will go into RT for tracking
    • -003 is production
    • drupal and all plugins upgraded
  • Conference/events activities report
    • Scale is next in Feb
    • Looking for other conferences that we can teach at
  • Mentorship Status report
    • Matt Simmons is working on questionnaire for mentor - mentee pairs
    • Looking at manymoon.com as task tracking system
    • Plan to make calendar on LOPSA google account for mentor program
    • Will be asking for approval of special donations to mentorship program to provide prizes to mentors - mentees
    • Looking for better documentation on why to join LOPSA
  • Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
  • Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)


Email address question (Bennett)

Mentorship chairs would like to get @lopsa.org addresses.

  • Decided not to do individual addresses unless the member has done a 'significant' amount of volunteering. Instead we will do role based addresses

Sysadmin Appreciation Day coming up really soon (again) (Everyone)

We have been invited to promote:

SysAdmin Appreciation from OpenDNS -- Erin Symons <erin@opendns.com>
Windows IT Pro System Administrator of the Year contest -- Eck, Kim <Kim.Eck@penton.com>
SysAdmin Appreciation Day party in Buenos Aires -- Ariel Jolo <root@eleccionroot.com>

Should we do a membership promotion again?

  • Yes, but LOPSAGram would have to go out immediately.
  • Jesse will contact the sites that have contacted us and about promotion. Lois will help

BitPusher Sponsorship arrangement... (Bennett)

Yes, there is an arrangement. We are getting management support for the Sponsor status of about $2000 per month.

  • Lois talked with BitPusher about this. We should get something in writing.

Face-to-face Meeting Planning (Kizer)

I just want to cover the general planning to make sure we're on-track.

After the meeting I'll re-post another reminder to both current and new boards to remind that travel plans need to be booked if they aren't already.

  • Long discussion of how to manage the face to face meeting.
  • Philip will update agenda and send out reminders. Please send him your thoughts.
  • We need to keep the momentum going that we have built over the last three years.
  • William will find a person to take notes.

Hosting Space for Local groups to host own domain on server (BILANCIO)

I feel that we should offer space for the local groups to host there sites.

  • Will be setting hosting space on the server for the local groups websites. Completely separate apache area for them.

Next Agenda item... (NAME)

New Business

First new item...

Notes/announcements

Adjournment

Jesse motion to adjourns, William seconds.