Board meeting Minutes/12 February 2007

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
5 February 2007
Board meeting Minutes Next:
19 February 2007



Minutes approved: 19 February 2007

Present
Pat Wilson (chair. note taker), Doug Hughes, Chris Palmer, David Parter, Stephen Potter, Sam Albrecht, Mike Dwyer (See Notes/announcements)
Apologies
Matthew Barr, Trey Harris, Andrew Hume, Tom Perrine
Opened
20:07 Eastern Time
Closed
21:19 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Consent agenda appoved

Action Items

Board Committees

  • Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
    • Wilson - Follow up on LISA discussion with BlueArc - in progress' project waiting on go-ahead from BlueArc
  • Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
    • Palmer - Contact local office of possible partner - in progress' waiting on response
    • Barr, Albrecht - Contact SCALE regarding future cooperation - [due 2/19]
  • Leadership Committee (Esther Filderman)
  • Policy Committee (Harris)
  • Communications Committee
    • Perrine - Follow up with SysAdmin Magazine regarding volunteers for online answer folks - no report
  • Membership Committee
    • Hughes - Automate the renewal letter process - DONE now will need text for different instances

ACTION ITEM: Albrecht to work on letters

    • Parter - Send a note to the prospects gathered at LISA - not done
    • Hughes, Parter - Determine 4Q2006 membership drawing winner - DONE

Program Committees

  • Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
    • Albrecht - Send SDPhilly budget to Board for approval. - DONE see the online proposed budget
  • Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
  • Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)
    • Palmer, Potter - Draft a plan regarding how a paid/compensated content director might help the website, and what sort of requirements we might make for that position - not done
  • Locals Committee (Perrine)

Non-Committee

  • Financial
    • Hume - Provide at Dec 2006 Treasurer's report writeup for the Board and for the web site - no report
  • Albrecht:
    • Provide status on IRS 501.c.3 status. - in progress
    • Query insurance company regarding possible member insurance options [due 2/12] - in progress' queries made; waiting to hear back
    • Finalize pricing structure and bring back to the Board for JobTarget job board [due 2/12] - DONE see the proposed pricing online. Board had one question before formally approving
  • Barr:
    • talk to MIT spam people - no report
    • php-list(?) mailer integration into Drupal - no report
  • Harris:
    • Set up wiki for Resume Standards project [due 2/12] - no report
    • Write up a list of needs for the Resume Standards project - no report
    • Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority) - no report
    • Gather material for Halprin request [due 2/5] - no report
  • Hughes:
    • Work with Frisch, Chalup, Halprin, Barr on resume resources skeleton/framework (should have status by mid February) [due 2/19]
    • Describe consulting resources idea - DONE see below
  • Hume:
    • Chat with SNIA regarding possible partnering - no report
    • Reconvene Code of Ethics review committee - no report
  • Palmer:
  • Parter:
  • Perrine:
  • Potter:
    • Draft a new charter for the combined Development/Partnership committee - not done
  • Wilson:
  • All:
    • Think of a defining issue that will energize the LOPSA member base - see below

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report (first meeting of the month only)
  • Membership report
    • See the online report for this week's status

Spike in the renewals, possibly due to the recent mailing. Sysadmin Magazine came out with our ad in it - it would be interesting to know how many members we gain via that route.

There needs to be an opt-out for members who don't wish their data to be used for any other purpose; once it's added, it should be publicized.

ACTION ITEM: Hughes, Parter, to implement member opt-out of non-LOPSA mailings.

  • Online report

There's a bug in CC processing; some folks are getting double-billed. Parter will fix. We're refunding the double-bills. Parter, Solanki will close this loop.

  • Sysadmin Days report

Hotel has fallen through; committee is looking at alternate dates. Program looking good, though. Should look into partnering with other small training event groups. For the moment, Sysadmin Days Philly is on hold.

  • Development report

Biordi has been getting sponsor renewals; please let het know about sponsor contacts.

  • Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)

More 2007 futures discussion

Website needs to be re-energized; Palmer has ideas. Palmer, Parter, and Hughes will exchange mail about the techincal aspects of reorganization. Local groups should provide summaries of their meetings for the website. Tools resource should be highlighted. Perhaps a consulting resource forum (liability concerns would have to be addressed).

Potter suggests that perhaps developing a patching strategy for sysadmins might be something that would help generate buzz outside the organization and energize our membership.

Notes/announcements

  • Mike Dwyer, with AH, will be joining us on the call. Mike is the new Chief Relationship Officer (CRO) assigned to LOPSA. Mike replaces Bill Pawlucy, who is now focusing on other AH priorities. Mike is a senior account executive here at AH and is the ED for two associations. Mike will be the point person for all contract issues, staff issues, etc.

Adjournment

MOTION to adjourn by Hughes, seconded by Potter Passes. Adjourned at 21:19 ET.