Board meeting Minutes/15 January 2007

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
8 January 2007
Board meeting Minutes Next:
22 January 2007



Minutes approved: 29 January 2007

Present
Matthew Barr, Doug Hughes, Andrew Hume, Chris Palmer, David Parter, Pat Wilson (chair, note taker), Sam Albrecht
Apologies
Tom Perrine, Trey Harris, Stephen Potter
Opened
20:06 Eastern Time
Closed
20:42 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Passes.

Action Items

Board Committees

  • Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
    • Wilson - Coordinate sponsor renewal letters - DONE Biordi has sent them out
    • Wilson - Follow up on LISA discussion with BlueArc - in progress mail sent; no response
  • Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
    • Palmer - Contact local office of possible partner - in progress contact sent, awaiting reply
  • Leadership Committee (Esther Filderman)
  • Policy Committee (Harris)
  • Communications Committee
    • Perrine - Follow up with SysAdmin Magazine regarding volunteers for online answer folks - no report
    • Perrine - Send artwork for Sysadmin Magazine to Rich - no report
    • Albrecht - [from 11/8] Contact listbroker regarding lateness in sending out email blast - no progress Albrecht will inform Board when there's news
  • Membership Committee
    • Solanki - [from 11/8] Follow up on pending membership payments - DONE
    • Hughes - Automate the renewal letter process - no progress

Program Committees

  • Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
    • Albrecht - Contact alternate event model company and request a presentation to the Board - DONE company will be happy to talk once reasonable numbers of attendees can be attracted
  • Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
  • Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)

Palmer has a volunteer for the Book of the Month; just needs to be brought up to speed

  • Locals Committee (Perrine)

Albrecht has some outstanding email to the newest local and will close the loop

Non-Committee

  • Financial
    • Parter - Post 990 note and form to LOPSA governance site - not done
  • Albrecht:
    • Provide status on IRS 501.c.3 status - no progress
    • Query insurance company regarding possible member insurance options [due 12/21] - postponed now due 2/1
    • Finalize pricing structure and bring back to the Board for JobTarget job board. - not done now due 1/22
  • Barr:
  • Harris:
    • Set up wiki for Resume Standards project [due 1/15] - no report
    • Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority) - no report
    • Gather material for Halprin request [due 2/1]
  • Hughes:
    • Work with Frisch, Chalup, Halprin, Barr on resume resources skeleton/framework (should have status by mid February) [due 2/1]
  • Hume:
    • Chat with SNIA regarding possible partnering - in progress waiting for reply
  • Palmer:
  • Parter:
  • Perrine:
  • Potter:
    • Reconvene Code of Ethics review committee (Potter requests this be handed off) - no report
      ACTION ITEM: Wilson to request project status report from Potter to facilitate handoff
    • Draft a new charter for the combined Development/Partnership committee - no report
  • Wilson:
  • All:

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report (first meeting of the month only)

Report will be delivered via email before 1/22

  • Membership report
    • See the online report for this week's status

Parter and Hume will schedule a call to discuss methods of calculating retention rates. A first start would be knowing how many of each kind of renewal (pre, at the moment, and post) letters are being sent.

ACTION ITEM: Parter will send a note to the prospects gathered at LISA

2006 year end drawing (new and renewing members) needs to be done; Parter and Hughes will implement this. The prize for the 2007Q1 drawing needs to be determined; the drawing should be announced in the Jan Memo.

ACTION ITEM: Wilson to determine the Q1 drawing prize

MOTION: by Palmer, seconded by Hume to allocate $100 for a drawing prize at Wilson's discretion. Passes

  • Online report
  • Sysadmin Days report

Organizing committee conference call is on Wednesday. AH is getting alternate venue/date options

  • Development report

Notes/announcements

Hume and Hughes are on the LISA 2007 program committee.

Albrecht has had recent success saving LOPSA thousands of dollars.

Wilson starts a new job on 1/16

Adjournment

MOTION to adjourn by Palmer, seconded by Parter. Passes; adjourned at 20:42 ET