Board meeting Minutes/15 Nov 2016

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Prior:
1 Nov 2016
Board meeting Minutes Next:
29 Nov 2016




Minutes approved: 29 Nov 2016

  • NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
Unspecified
Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting!
Present
(Subject to verification) John Boris, Steve VanDevender, Scott Suehle, Brian Globerman, Paul English, Thomas Uphill, Atom Powers, Ski Kacoroski, George Beech (chair)
Apologies
Guests
Opened
21:00 Eastern Time
Closed
21:17 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Action Items

See RT Board Queue

Standing Reports

Treasurer's report (Brian, Kacoroski)

Balance Info:

  • BoA Account: $34,781.17
  • PayPal Account: $10,527.90
  • TDBank Account: $2,006.42
  • Total: $47,315.49 +/- from last report (11/1/2016): -$2432.20
  • VISA credit/debit card received from Bank of America. Adding to LastPass

Membership report (VanDevender)

  • Total active members: 663 (previous report: 668, change: -5)
  • Paying: 401 (5 new in last 30 days)
  • Non-paying: 262 (11 new in last 30 days)

Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.

Brian gave me a spreadsheet of Paypal recurring payments for the previous year. I am still working on checking this against existing memberships. There are about 25 in the list, not counting two recent cases that have already been handled. I'm proposing that we contact these people and offer to extend their memberships a year, possibly from the current date instead of their original expiration date. There are three recurring payments of $35 instead of $50, maybe offer them 8-9 months instead of a year? We should also suggest they cancel the recurring payments, pending any effort we make to fix integration of Paypal recurring payments with renewals.

Committee reports

Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Powers)

LOPSA Cascadia 2017: March 10,11. Contract cutoff:(?) (Kacoroski,Uphill,Globermann,English,Powers)

  • George will contact someone from ExtraHop who can help us get speakers
  • George recommended posting to Lanyrd
  • Ski will contact IT Directors in WA from a list he generated

LOPSA East 2017 (Boris)

The Administration at Montclair is taking a long time to develop the Agreement document. I don't want to hold any meetings until I am sure we have the building. I will be sending out a request for committee members and a preliminary CFP as a feeler. As it is going to be a one day event I think we have time.

Lisa'16 (Kacoroski, Uphill)

  • (Boris) Puzzle Swag is in. Screwdrivers are ordered.
  • Got raffle gifts, Need to create pdfs for literature. Will print out at conference. Need to send bag inserts. Coloring book done. After dark party and yerkes award set up. Need to get presentation done. We are in pretty good shape.

Education (on hold)

Speakers Bureau (on hold)

Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English, Uphill)

Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)

Apologies, have only been home for ~5days in the past two weeks. So no updates :(

Mentorship Report (Boris, Beech)

Apologies, have only been home for ~5days in the past two weeks. So no updates :(

Recognition (Uphill, Disney)

  • Challenge coins - the metal ones get made elsewhere than our direct supplier. John will get sample.

Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)

No report

Next Agenda item... (NAME)

New Business

First new item...

Notes/announcements

Adjournment

 Ski Kacoroski Motioned for Adjournment
 Brian Globermann Seconded