Board meeting Minutes/18 April 2011

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
21 March 2011
Board meeting Minutes Next:
2 May 2011



Minutes approved: 2 May 2011


Present
Subject to verification Philip Kizer (chair), Lois Bennett, William Bilancio, Ski Kacoroski, Dan Rich, Jesse Trucks
Apologies
Matthew Barr, Jimmy Kaplowitz
Opened
20:01 Eastern Time
Closed
20:28 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Action Items

RT Ticket Status
User Open tickets
Nobody 5
drich 11
lois 9
pckizer 4
pensezbien 7
ski 7
wbilancio 8
  • Philip: Called Sam at AH and left message. Making progress on Directors insurance.
  • Dan: Weird membership issues due to problems left over from older user database. He is working on tracking it down.
  • Ski: Can charter members renew their charter membership by paying back dues. Board decided yes. Need to record as large membership if civicrm and manually fix the membership dates.
  • William: Stuff on hold until PICC is over. Feels that we need to get AH and insurance sorted out before June for new board.

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report
    • Bank account is still growing slowly due to conference successes.
  • Membership report
Membership Summary
Members by Type March – New/Renew (Last Month) April – New/Renew (MTD) 2011 – New/Renew (YTD) Current #
Individual 108 12 161 542
Student 0 0 5 31
Honorary 0 0 0 0
Charter 0 0 0 117
Founding 1 0 1 10
Complimentary 0 0 1 1
Staff 0 0 0 0
Totals (all types) 109 12 168 701
  • Will see if we can add in recently expired members on the chart
  • Technical services report
    • Doug working on backup wiki's then do upgrade on server
    • Mailing list for 2011 elections and a view for statements
    • William and Jesse will meet at PICC to discuss the technical team
  • Conference/events activities report
    • Southeastern Linux conference not responding to emails for instructors
    • PICC coming together, we may have some trainer issues
    • Cascadia 2012 conference co-chairs will be Ski Kacoroski and Paul English
    • Not doing trainers at OLF this year
    • Next big conference will be SCALE in February (Education Focus)
  • Development report
  • Upcoming MtM


Election Planning (Kizer)

  • Share any needed info/planning with candidates
    • We will talk about this on the mailing list
    • This lead to a discussion about opening board meetings to listen only for members, but before we do this we will need a different conference call system that allows us to know who is on the conference call
  • Work with them to schedule the #lopsa-live requested by the LC
    • Philip will ping Matthew on getting this scheduled.


New Business

Notes/announcements

Adjournment

Motion made by Jesse seconded by William to adjourn at 8:28pm Eastern Time.