Board meeting Minutes/18 Oct 2016

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
4 Oct 2016
Board meeting Minutes Next:
11 Nov 2016



Minutes approved: 1 Nov 2016 Template:Redactions

  • NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
Unspecified
Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting!
Present
(Subject to verification) George Beech (chair), Paul English, Ski Kacoroski, John Boris, Steve VanDevender, Brian Globerman,Atom Powers
Apologies
Scott Suehle, Thomas Uphill
Guests
 ?
Opened
21:03 Eastern Time
Closed
21:35 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Standing Reports

Treasurer's report (Brian, Kacoroski)

  • Balance info
    • BoA Account: $38,871.71
    • PayPal Account: $7,739.05
    • TDBank: Credentials in LastPass no longer work -- did someone change this since 9/6/2016? (assume still $2,008.33)
      • Total: $48,619.09 +/- from last report (10/4/2016) = +$386.03
  • Status: Create new Bank of America account: Awaiting approved minutes showing my status as LOPSA Treasurer to open new account
  • Status: Credit card: Still do not have
  • Status: TD Bank account needs to be closed and funds transferred to B of A account: Ski will coordinate with account owner when in Boston for LISA
  • Status: Any residual payments required from Aug F2F meeting (Steve, tax deduction receipt for Paul)?

Membership report (VanDevender)

  • Total active members: 705 (previous report: 702, change: 3)
  • Paying: 446 (6 new in last 30 days)
  • Non-paying: 259 (11 new in last 30 days)

Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.

Committee reports

Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Powers)

LOPSA Cascadia 2017 (Powers)

Considering cancelling. ? days to cancel free of charge, after that we pay for 25% of the rooms.

Ski, George - we should not cancel, find someone else to chair.

Steve - willing to help, but can't really Chair, being remote.

  • Ski will ask SASAG group to see if we can find someone to step up.
  • Brian - will email cutoff date to Ski and George.
  • Ski will seek sponsors
  • Paul will send out Marketing spreadsheet to board - everyone please pitch in.

LOPSA-East 2017 (Boris)

  • The date has been confirmed June 9-10 2017 at Montclair State University.
  • Waiting to get with Administration at the University to get an agreement in place.
  • may need to hire a shuttle bus, as train may not stop at Montclair on Sat

Lisa'16 (Kacoroski, Uphill)

  • owe them $530 for booth - we already agreed to that
  • Committee met last week and will be meeting again after the meeting tonight. We need to make decisions on:
    • Should we sponsor the WiAC ($1000) and Student/Young Professional BOFs ($1000).
      • (Boris) $1000 is a bit steep for a BoF. How are we going to sponsor it. In an effort to increase our Femal membership we could even offer them a larger discount. We spent $1,500 before when we were paying for transportation to the WiAC day.
    • Including the $2000 for sponsorships, the table, and other costs; I estimate that LISA will cost us around $6000 - $6500 (see LISA2016). Is this ok?
  • Answer: (George et al): as long as we're not in too much trouble financially if we have to cancel Cascadia, George is on board.
  • Ski will get back to Camille if so


  • Ski will look for sponsors, particularly for After Dark party
  • Ski: motion that LOSPA can spend up to $6500 on LISA this year
  • Brian: second
  • All in favor.
Yerkes Award

Redactions below were approved by the Board.

  • This section can't be made Public when the minutes are published. It gets tricky but I believe this is redaction. But just remember to take the names out and note that the names of the probable award winner were removed and will be posted after the winner is announced
  • Whoever we pick has to be contacted to see if they will be at LISA.

Education (Kacoroski, Boris)

On Hold

Speakers Bureau (Powers, English)

Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English, Uphill)

  • LOPSAgram out tomorrow am. Sorry so late.
  • Nov LOPSAgram needs to advertise the LISA discount/free t-shirt, or whatever we're doing. $35 in person, $40 during week + free t-shirt

CoBranding with Cambridge and Device42 at LISA'16 (Boris)

  • I forwarded an email of Cambridge's proposal for LISA'16. If we agree to the Cobranding our Logo will go on the Coloring book Device42 will be putting in everyone's bag at LISA. We will also get a kick back of up to 2 months of the subscription cost for the service from Cambridge for evey attendee that follows the link to get the free trial and signs up for the service. I know that is "possible" money but we get our name out there for no cost to us. Also Cambridge, Jacob Farmer, has been a big supporter of LOPSA for a very long time.
  • I am looking for an approval to move forward on this.
  • We're on board.
  • Lets see if they want a spot in the LOPSAgram, during Dec.

Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)

Mentorship Report (Boris, Beech)

Recognition (Uphill)

Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)

Nothing to report

Executive Session... (Ski)

Ski: motion to go into executive session John: second.

Next Agenda item... (NAME)

New Business

First new item...

Notes/announcements

Adjournment

 John Boris Motioned for Adjournment
 Ski Kacoroski Seconded