Board meeting Minutes/20 August 2019

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
6 August 2019
Board meeting Minutes Next:
3 September 2019



Minutes approved: 29 October 2019

Present
Andy Cowell (President), Andree Jacobson (Secretary), Scott Suehle (VP), Branson Matheson, Brian Globerman (Treasurer)
Opened
9.07pm Eastern Time
Closed
9.35pm Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Standing Reports

Treasurer's report (Globerman)

Current

  • Current bank balance- all accounts

5 Aug 2019: $29,794.45
5 July 2019: $29,041.71
5 Aug 2018: $28,400.83

  • Profit and Loss

6 July - 5 Aug 2019: $752.74
6 July - 5 Aug 2018: ($1600.61)
1 Jan - 5 Aug 2019: ($15.53)

  • Membership Dues received

1 Jan - 5 Aug 2019: $5545.35 (< 20.2% from 2018)
1 Jan - 5 Aug 2018: $6946.05 (< 9.4% from 2017)
1 Jan - 5 Aug 2017: $7661.29

From 23 July 2019

No data

From 9 July 2019

No data

From 25 June 2019

Current balance (22 June 2019, all accounts): $29,177.32 (- $250.49 from 9 June 2019)

  • Balance 22 May 2019: $29,427.81
  • Balance 22 June 2018: $31,364.57

From 11 June 2019

Current balance (9 June 2019, all accounts): $29,474.66 (+ $399.76 from 9 May 2019)

  • Balance 9 June 2018: $31,376.48
  • Profit and Loss: 10 May - 9 June 2019: +399.76
  • P&L: 10 May - 9 June 2018: -477.80
  • P&L: 1 Jan - 9 June 2019: -335.32
  • Membership Dues: 10 May - 9 June 2019: $734.60
  • 9 April - 9 May 2019: $969.00
  • 10 May - 9 June 2018: $921.50

Membership report (Hodges)

Brian mentions we had some strange requests about free membership about hardship. Board decides we should have a vetting process.

Committee reports

Conferences/Events (Matheson)

LISA is coming up. Branson is ensuring we have materials. Important that we have strong presence there. Oct 28th - 30th in Portland, Oregon.

Marketing/Communications (Adams)

Nothing to report.

Technical Services (White)

Nothing to report.

Education, Training and Mentorship (Cowell)

One mentee/mentor pair -- Branson.

Recognition (Suehle)

Nothing to report. No feedback from LOPSAGram to Yerkses award.

Leadership (Suehle)

Scott & Andy reports board member nominees are in.

Current slate is:

  • Drew Adams
  • Aaron haun
  • Daniel Hodges
  • Andrew Brown

Andy to distribute list of candidates to the membership pool tonight.

Locals/Chapters (Matheson)

Branson has received an email back from only a single chapter.

Established chapters

  • LA -
  • Columbus - Warner responded
  • ETENN -
  • Ottawa Valley System Administrators Guild -
  • Seattle Area System Administrators Guild -
  • San Diego -

Forming chapters

  • NJ -
  • Chicago -

Board wiki updates (Jacobson)

  • Minutes template - need a few clarifications
    • Specifically local chapters (have reached out to Branson)

Update Meeting invitation (Jacobson)

  • Noticed a few people are still on it (Aleksey), we should update the invite, someone with access to board@lopsa.org email should do that.
  • Brian to contact Tech Team to make sure inactive board members are removed from the alias.

New Business

Brian reminds us that after the election we should have a face to face directors meeting within 90 days (per the bylaws). If election is completed before October, we need to have the meeting before the end of the year.

Notes/announcements

No new announcements.

Adjournment

 Scott Motioned for Adjournment
 Andy Seconded