Board meeting Minutes/21 August 2006
7 August 2006
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
28 August 2006
Minutes approved: 11 September 2006
- Tom Perrine (chair), Doug Hughes, Chris Palmer, David Parter, Pat Wilson (note taker)
- Trey Harris, Sam Albrecht
- 20:05 Eastern Time
- 21:07 Eastern Time
- 1 Consent Agenda
- 2 Action Items
- 3 Standing Reports
- 4 Advertising in LOPSA communications
- 5 Sponsorship/partnership w/AH (spp, from Sam)
- 6 Final resolution of first round of shirt orders
- 7 Sponsorship Issues
- 8 New Business
- 9 Adjournment
- Approve minutes of 7 August 2006
- Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
- Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
- Palmer - Contact local office of possible partner - in progress
- Perrine - Write Sysadmin Day thank you letter for volunteers - see draft online - in progress letter approved
- Perrine, Parter, Palmer - Designate which appreciations go to which Sysadmin Day volunteers - not done
- Leadership Committee (Greg Rose)
- Policy Committee (Harris)
- Communications Committee
- Parter - Contact the 500th member for comments for a "member profile" [due 7/24] - no response item stale and will be dropped
- Palmer - Convey Board's decision and negotiate with Rich - in progress
- Membership Committee
- Harris, Palmer - Initiate template(s) for future account conversion guidelines to be sent out this month - see Visitor to member conversion plan document [due 8/15] - no action
- Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
- Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
- Parter - Mailing lists/online forum - no action
- Hughes - Set up email alias for member who volunteered $company problem escalation service - DONE
- Hughes - fix Jobs board geographic data for summaries - DONE
- Hughes - followup on podcast RSS feed for LOPSA website [due 8/14] - DONE
- Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)
- Hume - Prepare statement about AH payment [due 6/26] - no report
- Hume - prepare annual financial report [due 6/26] - no report
- Touch base with IRS [due 8/28] - no report
- Query insurance company regarding possible member insurance options [due 8/28] - no report
- Send notice of designated Annual Meeting to the Board - no report Annual Meeting will be held August 28th
- Restart Resume Standards project - no report
- Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority) - no report
- Chat with the SNIA Chief Scientist regarding possible partnering [due 9/11] - no report
- Contact Leadership Committee regarding next (summer 2007) election [due 8/7] - not done now due 9/18
- Treasurer's report [from 7 August meeting]
- Membership report
- See the online report for this week's status
- Online report
- Training event report
- see event planning web site
The event is shaping up; Parter and Albrecht will finalize timeline.
- Development report
Advertising in LOPSA communications
General status on advertising opportunities. Sense of the Board is that this should be investigated.
ACTION ITEM: Potter to investigate potential advertizement with Albrecht
ACTION ITEM: Potter to consult with Palmer regarding ad mockup.
Sponsorship/partnership w/AH (spp, from Sam)
Sense of the Board is that LOPSA should discuss further AH's sponsorship development proposal, with an eye towards accepting it.
ACTION ITEM: Potter to talk with Albrecht regarding proposal.
Final resolution of first round of shirt orders
Final order status, and inventory for placing the rest for sale on the web site.
ACTION ITEM: Perrine to contact AH regarding shirt order status and getting an inventory online.
A potential sponsor opportunity was presented, though it may be out of scope for LOSPA. Potter will talk to AH about the possibility of engaging Company A.
Web site refresh
It may be time to "tune" the website look. Parter and Hughes will consider the options and recruit a volunteer
What are our near-term focus issues? Now that the business plan is online, it's time to decide. A "how are we doing?" member survey of some sort would be useful.
ACTION ITEM: Palmer to talk to Chavez about survey methodology
ACTION ITEM: All to re-read biz plan and bring top 3 focus issues to next meeting.
MOTION to adjourn by Parter, seconded by Hughes. Passes. Adjourned at 21:07ET