Board meeting Minutes/21 January 2020

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
7 January 2020
Board meeting Minutes Next:
4 February 2020



Minutes approved: 4 February 2020

Present
Scott Suehle (President), Branson Matheson (VP), Brian Globerman (Treasurer), Aaron Haun, Andrew Brown, Andree Jacobson (Secretary)
No excuse
Drew Adams, Daniel Hodges
Opened
9.08pm Eastern Time
Closed
9.33pm Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

No minutes to approve. Postponed until next meeting.

Standing Reports

Treasurer's report (Globerman)

Current

Current and historical bank balances- all accounts:

  • 21 Jan 2020: +$29,238.93
  • 20 Dec 2019: +$29.475.27
  • 21 Jan 2019: +$28,701.89

Profit and Loss:

  • 22 Dec 2019 - 21 Jan 2020: -$241.94
  • 22 Dec 2018 - 21 Dec 2019: -$351.44

Discussion

Brian reports that additional Zoom licenses are about $100 / year per license, and that we currently have a proposal for adding 5 licenses. Andree notes that it's unlikely licenses will see a lot of use, we might just want to start with one extra for the active East Tennessee chapter.

Branson motions we add a license, Aaron seconds. Motion passes unanimously.

Membership report (Jacobson)

  • Andree did not pull report, but it's declining - about 5 fewer members than last 30 day period.

Committee reports

Conferences/Events (Globerman)

  • SCaLE (Southern California Linux Expo: 5 - 8 March 2020, Pasadena, CA
  • LinuxFest Northwest: 24 - 26 April 2020, Bellingham, WA
  • Brian going to SchmooCon next week.

Marketing/Communications (Brown)

  • Got some LOPSA Gram information put together.

Technical Services (Jacobson)

  • Not much to report, but will push for Aaron to get access.

Education, Training and Mentorship (Matheson)

  • Nothing new to report. Branson has new mentee.

Recognition (Suehle)

  • Nothing to report

Leadership (Suehle)

  • Nothing to report

Locals/Chapters (Haun)

  • Only confirmed active is East Tennessee.
  • Signs of recent life from Columbus and New Jersey.
  • Seattle / Ottowa has expired web certs on their sites.

Brian suggests reaching out to Warner Moore for Columbus.

Face to Face meeting

Face 2 Face: Date Feb 14-16 https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/rduac-residence-inn-raleigh-durham-airport-brier-creek/

Let's make sure to get everyone to update the Face to Face meeting agenda.

Brian reminds us to hang on to our receipts.

Adjournment

 Andree Motioned for Adjournment
 Branson Seconded