Board meeting Minutes/21 May 2012

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
7 May 2012
Board meeting Minutes Next:
4 Jun 2012


Minutes approved: 04 Jun 2012


  • NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
Present
(Subject to verification) Philip Kizer (chair), William Bilancio, Ski Kacoroski, Lois Bennett, Matt Disney, Dan Rich, Nadine Miller
Apologies
Chris St. Pierre, Jesse Trucks
Opened
0903 Eastern Time
Closed
1005 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Action Items

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report
    • Working on budget with Matt and on the 990 form.
    • Discussion of funds that we will be receiving from PICC and Cascadia for new members and renewals
  • Membership report
    • 886 members, PICC registrations have been entered
    • 67 lapsed members in Q2, 11 so far in May
    • 205 new members ytd, but only 16 renewals (I need to verify these numbers to make sure we don't have duplicate memberships from PICC and Cascadia)
  • Technical services report
    • Dicussion on move to new server
  • Conference/events activities report
    • PICC had 127 people this year and picked out a date for next year.
    • Have table for Federated in Boston, Lois will man the table.
    • Next conference is SCALE in LA. Discussion on what and if we want to do this year.
  • Mentorship Status report
    • Discussion on new mentorship leader who is working on organizing the workflow better.
  • Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
    • Matt will be working on the education effort.
  • Upcoming LOPSAgram and #lopsa-live (last meeting of the month only)
    • Ski looking for input for the next LOPSAgram
  • Liaison reports (LC, etc.)
    • Nothing to report


WiAC Attendee Stipend Contest (Disney)

I propose a $1500 stipend contest to sponsor the attendance of a woman studying or working in a technical field to attend the Women in Advanced Computing conference. $750 would be donated anonymously to match an equal investment by LOPSA. The contest criteria include two essays: one on the potential value of the conference to the applicant, and the second on how to improve gender balance in the IT workforce.

  • We decided to go ahead with this Contest.

Sys Admin Appreciation Day (Disney)

Discuss possibility of appreciation certificates. Discuss feasibility of gift sponsorships (or establishing tasks and owners to determine feasibility).

  • Discussion of this idea. Matt/Lois will follow up on the idea of a gift certificate.

Professional IT Community Conference Stuff (WBilancio)

We want to make some changes to the conference and want your feedback

  • PICC is a big success. Plan to change the name (they will announce it shortly).

Next Agenda item... (NAME)

New Business

First new item...

Notes/announcements

Adjournment

Adjorned at 1005