Board meeting Minutes/23 April 2007

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
16 April 2007
Board meeting Minutes Next:
30 April 2007



Minutes approved: 30 April 2007

Present
Trey Harris, Doug Hughes, Chris Palmer, Stephen Potter, Pat Wilson (chair, note taker)
Apologies
Matthew Barr, Andrew Hume, David Parter, Sam Albrecht
Opened
20:04 Eastern Time
Closed
20:25 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Passes.

Action Items

Board Committees

  • Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
    • Potter - Update sponsorship benefit page on website(s) to reflect complimentary membership at Gold levels - DONE
  • Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
    • Palmer - Contact local office of possible partner - this is now Biordi's charge. Potter will contact Biordi with details
    • Albrecht - Contact SCALE regarding future cooperation [due 2/26] - no report
  • Leadership Committee (Esther Filderman)
  • Policy Committee (Harris)
  • Communications Committee
    • Perrine - Follow up with SysAdmin Magazine regarding volunteers for online answer folks [due 3/20] - no report
  • Membership Committee
    • Parter - Set up retention-rate report - no report

Program Committees

  • Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
  • Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
    • Perrine - Organize Sysadmin Day 2007 site update - no report
    • Perrine - Turn his lopsa-discuss posting on the CFV for Sysadmin Day into a post for the web page - no report
    • tech-team php-list(?) mailer integration into Drupal - no report give back to Barr for followup
  • Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)
    • Palmer, Potter - Draft a plan regarding how a paid/compensated content director might help the website, and what sort of requirements we might make for that position [due 4/30]

Non-Committee

  • Financial
    • Hume - Provide at Dec 2006 Treasurer's report writeup for the Board and for the web site - no report
  • Albrecht:
    • Provide status on IRS 501.c.3 status [due 4/9] - no report
    • Enquire whether SoCoSA would be interested in pursuing Chapter status - no report
  • Barr:
  • Harris:
    • Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority) - no action
    • Gather material for Halprin request [2/26] - no action
  • Hughes:
    • Work with Frisch, Chalup, Halprin, Barr on consultant resources skeleton/framework [due 4/1] - no action
    • Contact Gilbert Wilson about work-pay ideas - no action
  • Hume:
    • Reconvene Code of Ethics review committee - no report
  • Palmer:
  • Parter:
  • Perrine:
    • Perrine will work with Sam and Michele on "CONVERSION" of visitors to members - no report
  • Potter:
  • Wilson:
  • All:
    • Send Biordi 3 contact names by 6 April 2007 - in progress

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report (second meeting of the month only)
  • Membership report
    • See the report online for this week's status

It's (past) time to draw for the 1st quarter membership winner.

ACTION ITEM: Hughes to arrange for drawing

  • Online report

Hughes has been busy with the jobs board migration, which should happen in the next couple of weeks depending on JobTarget availability.

Palmer has been working on the web site revamp, which will need another several weeks.

  • Sysadmin Days report
  • Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
  • Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)

The 2007 May Memo to Members framework is up and available for editing.

New Business

Finance committee

It's time to select members of the Finance Committee. Will schedule for April 30th meeting.

Adjournment

MOTION to adjourn by Hughes, seconded by Potter. Adjourned at 20:25 ET