Board meeting Minutes/23 July 2007

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
16 July 2007
Board meeting Minutes Next:
5 August 2007



Minutes approved: 5 August 2007

Present
Tom Perrine (chair), Trey Harris, Doug Hughes, Andrew Hume, David Parter, Stephen Potter, Pat Wilson (note taker), Sam Albrecht
Apologies
Matthew Barr, Chris Palmer
Opened
20:06 Eastern Time
Closed
20:43 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Action Items

Board Committees

  • Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
  • Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
  • Leadership Committee (Esther Filderman)
  • Policy Committee (Harris)
  • Communications Committee
  • Membership Committee
    • Hughes - Set up retention-rate report - not done
    • Hughes, Parter - Implement an appropriate opt-out mechanism for member opt-out policy - not done now due Aug 5th

Program Committees

  • Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
  • Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
    • Perrine - Organize Sysadmin Day 2007 site update - in progress Sysadmin Appreciation day is July 27th
  • Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)
    • Albrecht - See if there are any other leads on CMP site content - in progress

Non-Committee

  • Financial
  • Albrecht:
    • Provide status on IRS 501(c)(3) status. - no news
  • Barr:
  • Harris:
    • Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority) - not done
  • Hughes:
    • Work with Frisch, Chalup, Halprin, Barr on consultant resources skeleton/framework [due 6/11] - not done
    • Contact Gilbert Wilson about work-pay ideas - no response drop this one
  • Hume:
    • Reconvene Code of Ethics review committee - in progress waiting for response
  • Palmer:
    • Generate an email motion regarding the recommended Certificate of Amendment - no report may be waiting on Albrecht for details
  • Parter:
  • Perrine:
  • Potter:
  • Wilson:
  • All:

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report (second meeting of the month only)
  • Membership report
    • See the report online for this week's status

There seems to be some discrepancy between the summary table and the graph - Parter and Hughes will look into this. Recent upward surge may be due to the conversion letters now going out.

  • Online report
  • Sysadmin Days report

Registrations continue to come in, with more expected. The Crossbow group is working on nailing down the training at other upcoming venues.

  • Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
  • Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)

New Business

Aug 5th meeting

Wiki page has been put up; Albrecht will draft an agenda. Staff is working on the attendee list; it appears that most of the old and new Boards will be attending in person.

Notes/announcements

First revenue from JobTarget has appeared.

No meeting on July 30th.

Adjournment

MOTION to adjourn by Harris, seconded by Potter Passes; adjourned at 20:43 ET