Board meeting Minutes/24 Oct 2011

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
10 Oct 2011
Board meeting Minutes Next:
7 Nov 2011



Minutes approved: 7 Nov 2011


Present
(Subject to verification) Philip Kizer (chair), Ski Kacoroski, William Bilancio (table), Dan Rich, Matt Disney, Lois Bennett,
Apologies
Nadine Miller, Chris St. Pierre, Jesse Trucks
Opened
09:05pm Eastern Time
Closed
10:09pm Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Action Items

See RT Board Queue

RT Ticket Status
User Open tickets by queue Totals
Board Customer S General Membership Mentorship Tech Team Website
Unassigned 4 13 1 1 4 3 26
drich 7 1 1 9
jessetruck 2 2
lois 13 1 14
mharlow 5 5
nickanders 6 6
pckizer 4 4
ski 8 8
stpierre 3 3
wbilancio 12 1 7 20
zodic 4 4
Totals 53 14 1 1 12 10 10 101
  • MANY tickets that are weeks old with no owners....

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report
    • Plan to send check to AH for debt payment
    • Bank account is looking healthy and expenses are low
  • Membership report
    • See CiviCRM
    • 61 lapsed members last quarter, 15 in Oct
    • Need to contact lapsed members to figure out why they are not renewing.
    • Membership is stable, but barely growing. Too many folks are not renewing.
    • Dan looking into reports for membership over time to see what our trends are.
Membership Summary (counts are new / renewed / total)
Members by Type Sep Oct (MTD) 2011 (YTD) Current #
Individual 12 / 2 / 14 6 / 3 / 9 284 / 47 / 331 570
Student 1 / 0 / 1 0 / 0 / 0 16 / 1 / 17 37
Honorary 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 0 / 0 0
Charter 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 2 / 2 1 / 21 / 22 141
Founding 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 1 / 1 13
Complimentary 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 0 / 0 1 / 0 / 1 1
Totals (all types) 13 / 2 / 15 6 / 5 / 11 302 / 70 / 372 762
  • Technical services report
    • No major projects. Working on forums on development site.
    • Lopsa.org now linked into gravatar for images of people.
  • Conference/events activities report
    • 6 classes for SCALE. Needs two more classes. Ski suggested instructor that he is using for Cascadia.
    • PICC has two media sponsors already. Call for papers is ready to go out.
    • Cascadia working on trainers and sponsors. Call for papers is out.
    • He ordered new LOPSA stickers for conferences and events. Plans to order table clothes with our Logo on it.
    • Printers are giving us a good deal and storing our stuff (LOPSA, PICC, and Cascadia). They will ship directly to conferences as needed.
  • Mentorship Status report
    • Kind of slow right now. Hoping that LISA will be a push and get us some more publicity. They are hoping to set up a mentorship BOF at LISA.
  • Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
    • Idea to try and get some media sponsors for LOPSA.
  • Upcoming LOPSAgram (last meeting of the month only)
    • Looking for more ideas for it. It will be going out on time.
  • Upcoming LOPSA Live
    • Think of topics for LOPSA Live or LOPSAgram
    • Decided to delay LOPSA Live for one week

Intern... (Ski)

  • I talked with Mary and she is booked until January after classes end. If we still have the position open after that, she is very interested.
    • She is working very well for Cascadia. The idea is to use her to respond to members about membership issues.
    • Lois/William need to figure out about how to pay her.
    • Up to Ski to see if he can find someone sooner. We have work, but it takes time to find a person.
    • Discussed idea of setting up school credit for the internship.

Global Meet Affinity Program (Ski)

I noticed that several of the vendors I was working with use GlobalMeet for audio conferencing so I called them to see if they would be willing to help LOPSA out. What they offered was $0.05/minute for LOPSA calls (assuming 9 folks, 60 minutes 2x a month this is $54/month) and a 5% kick back on services that LOPSA members purchase from them (this could be nice if a large company signs up). I am not too sure if we should do this.

  • Decided to hold off on this one for now.
  • Need to get list of what we really need from a conference call (wiki page). Ski will work on this.
  • Need to get off the free ones as they are just not doing it for us.

Sponsorships (Kizer)

  • Review any progress on sponsorships
  • Remind about some of the existing locations where we have been brainstorming sponsorship possibilities: Potential_prospects
  • Pre-proposal discussion of sponsorship volunteers/staff
    • William will have the sponsorship page updated. We also need to put it on the Front page of the website and possibly send out an email to the membership.
    • Dan needs ideas for similar organizations in the RT ticket he is using to track benefits.
    • Dan set us up in Guidestar and a non-profit in need of grants

Next Agenda item... (NAME)

New Business

Other...

  • Set up wiki and mail list for Tom Perrine and the leadership committee
  • Decided on Yerkes award winner
  • Lois will attend the education workshop at LISA and see if she can jump start LOPSA's education efforts.

Notes/announcements

Adjournment

Dan moved that we adjourn at 10:09pm, William seconded.