Board meeting Minutes/25 Aug 2014

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
2-3 Aug 2014
Board meeting Minutes Next:
8 Sep 2014


Minutes approved: 8 Sep 2014


  • NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
Unspecified
Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting!
Present
(Subject to verification) William Bilancio, Matt Simmons, John Boris, Matt Disney, Steve Murawski, Ski Kacoroski, Steve VanDevender
Apologies
Dan Rich (chair),George Beech
Guests
 ?
Opened
9:01 PM Eastern Time
Closed
9:25 PM Eastern Time

Consent Agenda


Action Items

No Action items

Standing Reports

Treasurer's report (Disney)

  • Balance info
    • BoA Account: $26,460.83
    • PayPal Account: $2,308.76
    • TDBank: $1,989.49
    • Total: $30,759.08
    • +/- from last meeting: -$1537.50
  • Summary of expenditures since last report:
    • Budgeted monthly operations
    • F2F expenses
      • Beech
      • Disney
      • Hutcheson (Note taking)
      • Hyatt (Meeting room)
  • Outstanding liabilities
    • Bilancio (report outstanding)
    • Boris (report outstanding)
    • Kacoroski F2F reimbursement: $500 (report received)
    • Murawski (report outstanding)
    • Rich (report outstanding)
    • Simmons (report outstanding)
    • Van Devender (report outstanding)
  • Top priorities
    • F2F reimbursement (Kacoroski, Boris/mileage)
    • Record Disney donation
    • Transition bank accounts
    • 2013 990

Matt Disney reminded the board to submit their expense reports. Matt Disney also explained that the expenses can be submitted as a donation in kind. John Boris asked about the cost for mileage and was pointed to the IRS standard deduction for mileage.

Membership report (VanDevender)

  • Previous Month:
    • New: 36 (18 students)
    • Renew: 5 (0 students)
    • Lapsed: 61
  • Month to Date:
    • New: 11 (8 students)
    • Renew: 2 (0 students)
    • Lapsed: 15
  • Total: 853 (607 paying)

Conference/events activities report (Bilancio)

Nothing to report

Local Chapter Committee report (Bilancio)

William Bilancio sent out a questionnaire to all of the Locals for basic information (contact information, Meeting times etc) and have not heard back from all of the locals as of the meeting. One question was about Swag to the locals and what LOPSA can do for you. The latter will be combined for the report at the next meeting. No new locals or any drop off.

Development report (Kacoroski)

Nothing to report

Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (Simmons)

  • LOPSAgram
    • Went out August 8, 2014 in HTML and text format
    • Mostly positive response. Negative responses were mostly people using text-based email clients. They were instructed on how to change preferences to text-only emails in their lopsa.org profile
    • Went out to all current and former members.
    • Next LOPSAgram will go out on September 5, 2014
  • Social Media Scorecard
    • LOPSAgram
      • Tracked Opens: 708 of 2564 deliveries
        • Members: 34% (0 unsubscribes)
        • Expired Members: 25% (9 unsubscribes)
    • Twitter
      • Followers: 1230
      • Klout: 45
      • Interactions: 102
    • Facebook
      • Stories Posted in August: 42
      • Page Likes: 444 (total)
      • Total Page Impressions: 9,601
    • Website
      • Pageviews: 6,344
      • Largest referrer: www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/wiki/learn (36 hits)

Matt Simmons reported on the new LOPSAGram format. It went out in HTML and Text. The Positive feedback outnumbered the negative feedback on the new format. All in all it went well. Matt Simmons is still soliciting for more content. He is also soliciting for more material on line so we can point to that inside the LOPSAGram. William Bilancio reminded Matt that there is a category on lopsa.org for From the Desk of the President. If Dan Rich uses that it will be easier for people to find.

Project Management report (Rich)

No report

Liaison reports (LC, etc.)

Technical Services Report (Bilancio)

No Report William and Chan will be meeting shortly and will then setup regular update meetings. Matt Simmons asked about his letter about the Web site. William acknowledged that and it is on the agenda for their talk.

Mentorship Report (Boris)

The Charter/Policy for the Mentorship team is 90% finished. Amy did a great job getting it together. So far my work has kept me from attending meetings. If by the next Board meeting the LMPT has not changed the meeting times I will have to step down as Liaison for the Mentorship program. Also I would like to put the LMPT on the agenda for our next meeting. They would like to come to the meeting to introduce themselves and make a presentation as to the progress of the program and some stumbling blocks they have encountered. Another issue that is back in the mix is the responsiveness of the Technical Services Committee to their needs. I was under the impression that this was resolved but there still may be a disconnect between requests being accomplished or even communication to the requester. A shirt discussion foloowed about how to provide enough time on the agenda and John Boris was tasked to find out the amount of time the LMPT would require and the Board would adjust the meeting accordingly.


LOPSA Professional Recognition (Simmons)

no report

Leadership Committee (Kacoroski)

Nothing to report

Fee Letter from Earp Cohn PC (Simmons)

Discussion regarding the fee letter from legal counsel. Questions from email:

1) after we deplete the retainer, what's the timeline on refreshing or re-evaluating the amount of retainer required? (Murawski)

- We will be billed for amounts exceeding the retainer, to be paid in under 30 days, otherwise be penalized 1% on the balance

2) For the work we are asking what is the normal charge to accomplish this? (Boris)

- 5-6 hours for each project. Breakdown between lawyer and paralegals is unknown. (so between $800 and $2,400 per project, it seems)

It was decided we would wait to get an invoice from the firm before we send the retainer. A question if a motion was needed to move forward and it was not as it was motioned at the Face to Face. Matt Disney stated we would need a motion to pay the retainer for the 501c(3)or 501 c(6) question and we can wait until we get an invoice for that. -

Next Agenda item... (NAME)

New Business

First new item...

Notes/announcements

Adjournment

William Bilancio motion to adjourn Matt Disney seconded