Board meeting Minutes/25 Jul 2016

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
11 Jul 2016
Board meeting Minutes Next:
8 Aug 2016



Minutes approved: 8 Aug 2016


  • NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
Unspecified
Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting!
Present
(Subject to verification) Ski Kacoroski (chair),Steve VanDevender, Matt Disney, Thomas Uphill, Paul English, Atom Powers
Apologies
John Boris,George Beech
Guests
Brian Globerman, Heather Rane
Opened
9:03 PM Eastern Time
Closed
9:28 PM Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Action Items

Standing Reports

Treasurer's report (Disney, Kacoroski)

  • No cash flow problem as most of the money is in Bank of America account.
  • Balance info
    • BoA Account: $32,140.60
    • PayPal Account: $4,406.02
    • TDBank: $2,001.53
    • Total: $38,548.15
      • +/- from last report: -$5,515.66
      • LOPSA Balance: (TBD)
      • CasITConf Balance: (TBD)


  • Summary of expenditures since last report:
    • Wells Fargo account closure, check en route
    • As of July 26th no check yet
  • Summary of income since last report:
    • Membership dues


  • Top priorities
    • Outstanding CC needs
      • Peer1
        • Matt needs Peer1 information
      • Paypal
    • Secure Wells Fargo account closure check
    • Wells Fargo bank account re-establishment
      • Last comm: Email to Joseph Carillo at inquiring to suitability of LOPSA entity name in IRS filing
      • Matt will go to Wells Fargo in Knoxville to see what he can do.
    • CasITConf hotel contract
    • CasITConf accounts payable (LOPSA balance)
    • CasITConf accounts receivable
    • Transition bank accounts
    • 2014 990
    • Assuming HootSuite charges
    • Finances committee charter
    • Locals financial management
    • Disney reimbursement for bank account transitional charges


  • Misc:
    • Previous Wells Fargo balances:
      • (Wells Fargo Checking: $6,586.00)
      • (Wells Fargo Savings: $50.00)
    • Thomas needs to be paid for stickers he purchased for CasITconf. He was told to submit the bill to Matt for payment.

Membership report (VanDevender)

  • Total active members: 690 (previous report: 691, change: -1)
  • Paying: 438 (3 new in last 30 days)
  • Non-paying: 252 (15 new in last 30 days)

Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.

Committee reports

Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Powers)

LOPSA-East/PICC (Boris)

I will be meeting with Joe Youn and Mike Stoppay tomorrow July 26th at Montclair State University to go over the venue for the conference and look at Hotels.

Lisa'16 (Kacoroski, Uphill)

Need to book a room for LOPSA after Dark, no reply yet from the hotel sales dept.

Yerkes Award
  • I need to order the award.
  • We need to pick the winner of the award.
  • Ski stated we usually use Stackoverflow for finding the most helpful person. Redditt never produced a good stat.
  • Thomas asked about the Mentorship program and Ski stated we usually do them separately.
  • Thomas will try to have a short list ready for the next meeting.

LOPSA Cascadia (Atom)

  • Need contract signed for 2017. Rooms are still available but they aren't holding them for us until the contract is signed.
  • Need 501c(3) documents for Bellingham College invoice. ~$1000 of unpaid invoices because we haven't provided the documentation required to get though their Accounts Payable Department.

Education (Kacoroski, Boris)

Nothing to report. This will be on hold until the face to face meeting.

Speakers Bureau (Powers, English)

  • Nothing to report, sorry. In Nebraska now though. :-/

Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English, Uphill)

  • Request for content for LOPSAgram goes out tomorrow. Deadline Saturday August 7.

Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)

No report

Mentorship Report (Boris, Beech)

No report

Recognition (Uphill, Disney)

Sysadmin Day

  • Thomas asked if there were any entries so far. No one has seen any activity as of the meeting.

Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)

On hold as elections are over.

Election Wrap Up (Ski)

  • I would like to get some gift cards for the folks who helped out with the elections (Warner, Andrew, Greppy) and make a donation to the openstv folks (http://www.openstv.org/donate). I am figuring about $50 for each for $200 total.
  • Atom mentioned to post the recognition in the LOPSAGram.
  • The consensus of the board was to proceed with the gifts.

New Business

No new Business

Notes/announcements

No Notes

Adjournment

 Matt Motioned for Adjournment
 Atom Seconded