Board meeting Minutes/25 July 2011
11 July 2011
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
8 Aug 2011
Minutes approved: 13 Aug 2011
- Philip Kizer (chair), Lois Bennett, William Bilancio, Ski Kacoroski, Dan Rich
- Jimmy Kaplowitz, Jesse Trucks, Matthew Barr
- 0816 Eastern Time
- 0857 Eastern Time
- Approve minutes of 11 July 2011
RT Ticket Status User Open tickets Nobody 5 dric 12 lois 10 pckizer 4 pensezbien 7 ski 6 wbilancio 7
- Treasurer's report
- Philip is working with Sam on our AH debt
- Not much change from last time
- Bank has changed its policy and is trying to charge us a monthly fee, Lois is looking into this
- Membership report
- Issue is members are not renewing so we need to get better at contacting them
- Dan will work on a message going to lapsed members to ask them why they did not renew
- Went through all pending payments and built template email for them and will clean out every few days
- 93 lapsed members last quarter, 15 since 1-Jul
- Total up 3 members from last meeting
Membership Summary (counts are new / renewed / total) Members by Type June July (MTD) 2011 (YTD) Current # Individual 8 /2 / 10 8 / 0 / 8 190 / 24 / 214 503 Student 1 / 0 / 1 1 / 0 / 1 12 / 1 / 13 37 Honorary 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 0 / 0 0 Charter 0 / 5 / 5 0 / 3 / 3 1 / 8 / 9 126 Founding 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 1 / 1 12 Complimentary 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 0 / 0 1 / 0 / 1 1 Totals (all types) 9 / 7 / 16 9 / 3 / 12 204 / 34 / 238 679
- Technical services report
- Cleaned up alias list
- Working on backups and -004
- Conference/events activities report
- Just hanging out waiting for Cascadia and PICC and SCALE to get going
- We are planning to do a booth at OLF
- Mentorship Status report
- Would like a top level menu on the site for Mentorship (it is in a pull down menu now)
- Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
- Think about what we can do for the Face to Face meeting
- Decided to pay a person a bit to take notes at the meeting
- Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)
- Will get a shortened version for the month of August
LMPT Raffle (Lois)
The LOPSA mentorship program proposes to give away prizes in a mentorship raffle taking place during the a nnual LOPSA community meeting at LISA’11.
The idea is to reward people who actively participate in the program. The team believes, that rewarding these individuals adds value to the program by providing an incentive and a thank you for the hard working LOPSA members that donate their time and expertise. In addition the award would draw more interest towards the program, increasing it’s popularity.
We plan to equally award mentors and proteges at the raffle in combination with an outstanding mentor award for the mentor who went above and beyond. In accordance with our goals of furthering system administration education and accelerating proteges technical careers, ideas for prizes include books, training videos, vouchers for trainings and cash prizes devoted to the recipients professional education.
As this undertaking requires external financial resources, we plan to approach companies operating in areas relevant to system administration asking them for in kind or cash donations.
This means, we would approach these companies and organisations on behalf of LOPSA as the program itself is not an organisational entity. Below is a list of companies and organizations on which we propose to focus our appeal for donations.
We have discussed this idea at length in our weekly meetings, and we agreed to ask the board’s permission to proceed as outlined here.
Please let us know if this plan meets with your approval. We welcome the board’s suggestions and ideas for this project.
- Discussion vendors who will give us stuff
- Approved for them to go ahead with this idea
- Discussed Yerkes award candidates
- Discussed changes to facebook groups - Dan will take care of this.
- Discussed Face to Face meeting planning
Motion to adjourn by Ski, seconded by Dan at 0857