Board meeting Minutes/27 March 2006

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
20 March 2006
Board meeting Minutes Next:
3 April 2006



Minutes approved: 10 April 2006

Present
Tom Perrine (chair), Doug Hughes, Andrew Hume, Chris Palmer, David Parter, Stephen Potter, Pat Wilson (note taker), Sam Albrecht
Apologies
Matthew Barr, Trey Harris
Opened
20:05 Eastern Time
Closed
21:26 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Consent agenda approved.

Action Items

Board Committees

  • Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
    • Wilson, Potter - Work on proposals for potential sponsors - Potter to take up proposal from Wilson
  • Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
    • Potter - Investigate potential discounts from targeted companies - in progress
  • Leadership Committee (Greg Rose)
  • Policy Committee (Harris)
    • Barr, Harris - Work on Third-party discounts for members policy - no report
  • Communications Committee
  • Membership Committee
    • Parter, Hughes - Gather data for non-paid lopsa.org account holders - Done
    • Harris - Write and send a letter to non-paid lopsa.org account holders encouraging them to join. - no report
    • Parter, Hughes - Make nice 403 error page for non-members who attempt to access member-only parts of the website - Done (nicer, anyway. edit /access_403 if you want to change it).
    • Harris - Produce a proposal for "sprint" membership drive mode. - no report Parter will see if he can help.
    • Parter - Look into "ongoing" mode membership drive mode issues - in progress see on-going membership recruitment rewards on wiki

Program Committees

  • Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
    • Parter - Write a note to the intl members asking whether they'd like to be ambassadors for LOPSA to SANE - draft done
    • Perrine - Send a Parter-written note to the intl members asking whether they'd like to be ambassadors for LOPSA to SANE - not done waiting for note
  • Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
    • Parter - Monthly transaction/product sales reports - in progress / stalled
    • Parter - Mailing lists/online forum - in progress - need visual review/work from theme team
    • Parter - Sponsorships page from database - stalled
    • Hughes - Sponsorships in "userdb" interface - not done
  • Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)
    • Parter, Palmer - Revise the About Us page and begin the corporate history. - in progress

Non-Committee

  • Financial
    • Hume - Present draft financial policies for Board approval. - in progress
      • Hume to bundle raw process notes to Harris for policy. - Done
  • Albrecht:
    • Search for other NDAs that may be in office
      • Found one - that makes a total of 2.
    • Albrecht gave an IRS status update.

[ Palmer joins at 20:34 ]

[ Palmer provides updates on his action items (in context) ]

[ Palmer leaves at 20:36 ]

  • Barr:
  • Harris:
    • Post a description of the Resume Standards project - no report
  • Hughes:
  • Hume:
    • Work with Usenix to pursuade them to sign a grant letter to the IRS by 30 March 2006 - in progress
  • Palmer:
  • Parter:
  • Perrine:
    • Incorporate startup costs in business plan - Done
    • Address Albrecht comments on business plan - Done
    • Re-post business plan and send mail to Board - Done
  • Potter:
  • Wilson:
    • Produce a proposal for a volunteer recognition program (with Harris, Parter) - no action
  • All
    • Re-read business plan

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report (first meeting of the month only)
    • Jan 06 Financials sent by Albrecht to Board
    • Feb 06 Financials sent by Albrecht to Board
  • Membership report
    • See wiki for this week's status
  • Online report
    • There's been significant progress in Tools and Standards projects in the past week
    • Perrine met with the BitPusher folks while in the area and reported some techincal details

Other conferences

  • MIT SPAM

This imminent; Barr and Palmer will attend and be LOPSA ambassadors.

  • Usenix ATC

There is no vendor show at the ATC; we wish to have a presence, but need to investigate the best way to accomplish this. It's noted that there are lots of local LOPSA members, so we shouldn't have a problem getting volunteers.

ACTION ITEM: Perrine to email Young and inquire about getting some space (ala CACert) for a LOPSA presence.

ACTION ITEM: Conference Committee to get the "LOPSA event presence" volunteers going and pointed at ATC.

  • LOPSA event

Preliminarly thoughts/ideas were presented; marketing ideas solicited from Board members. It's probably time to ask for non-Board volunteers to help.

Notes/announcements

  • Hume will be absent April 3rd; apologies.

Adjournment

MOTION to Adjourn by Hume, seconded by Potter. Adjourned at 21:26 ET