Board meeting Minutes/28 May 2019
14 May 2019
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
11 June 2019
Minutes approved: 20 August 2019
- Andy Cowell (President), Andy Cowell (VP), Brian Globerman (Treasurer), Andree Jacobson (Secretary), Drew Adams, Danielle White, Branson Matheson
- Scott Suehle, Daniel Hodges
- 9.10pm Eastern Time
- 9.41pm Eastern Time
- 1 Consent Agenda
- 2 Standing Reports
- 3 Committee reports
- 4 New Business
- 5 Notes/announcements
- 6 Adjournment
- Draft minutes to approve were distributed by email, decision was made to wait until minutes have been updated on board Wiki.
Treasurer's report (Globerman)
Bank balance on 27 May 2019: $29,484.26
- Bank Balance (all accounts): 27 May 2019 (pdf)
- Profit and Loss Statement: 28 April - 27 May 2019 (pdf)
- IRS Form 990-EZ, 2018 (pdf)
- Form 990-EZ Acceptance Confirmation (png)
IRS Form 990 was filed, accepted, and approved on May 6th, 2019. Form has been uploaded to wiki, also uploaded to lopsa.org under governance, and GuideStar.
Membership report (Hodges: absent)
Actively reaching out to LISA / USENIX to arrange for booth space
- Ohio Linux Fest, Nov 1-2, 2019 (Warner - Previous board member - will attend an represent)
- LISA, Oct 28-29, 2019 (Portland)
- All things open, Oct 13-15, Raleigh NC
Discussion: LOPSA currently only has a single "booth box" with materials. Drew will ship box to Branson so that it can be inventoried and prepped for next event. Suggestion to prepare a few boxes to keep in various parts of the country to reduce shipping costs and time. Board generally thought it was a good idea. Drew mentioned fabric banners can be printed for about $50, would be nice to have in box.
- Northwest Linux Fest (last weekend in April) - Booth box didn't make it there on time.
Andy distributed rough draft of LOPSAGram for May / June. With community manager no longer active, board is actively looking for opportunities for the community to contribute here. We need nominations for board elections, and infrastructure for elections. Branson mentions that WildApricot has polling functionality. Andree volunteers to investigate.
Technical Services (White)
No activities to report.
Education, Training and Mentorship (Cowell)
No activities to add. Branson mentions his mentoring in Slack is proceeding well. Andree has joined slack channel and will make introduction as well. Andy comments that focus right now should be to find mentees, rather than mentors.
Recognition (Suehle: absent)
Andy added a note about the Chuck Yerkes award in the upcoming LOPSAGram.
Leadership (Suehle: absent)
No activities to report
Branson has attempted to reach out to currently listed contacts for local chapters that he found. No responses received. Another attempt will be made.
No new business
Andy Motioned for Adjournment Branson Seconded