Board meeting Minutes/28 Sep 2015

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
14 Sep 2015
Board meeting Minutes Next:
12 Oct 2015



Minutes approved: 12 Oct 2015

  • Here is the link for the instructions on how to start the Hangouts Instructions on using Hangouts on Air for Board Meetings
  • NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
Unspecified
Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting! George Beech
Present
(Subject to verification) Ski Kacoroski (chair), Steve VanDevender, John Boris, Paul English (need to leave early, 7:15 Pacific), Atom Powers , Thomas Uphill
Apologies
William Bilancio, Matt Disney, George Beech
Guests
 ?
Opened
9:06 PM Eastern Time
Closed
9:31 PM Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Action Items

Board members were reminded to review their RT Queue for Open tickets.

Standing Reports

Treasurer's report (Disney)

No Report

Membership report (VanDevender)

  • See CiviCRM
  • Previous Month:
    • New: 17 (12 students)
    • Renew: 3 (0 students)
    • Lapsed: 16
  • Month to Date:
    • New: 8 (6 students)
    • Renew: 2 (0 students)
    • Lapsed: 12
  • Total: 624 (453 paying)

Conference/events activities report (Bilancio)

No Report

Lisa'15 (Kacoroski)

Thomas stated we never got a confirmation about the reservations for the BoF. Ski recommended people talk to vendors that pass through their offices. Atom requested a list of vendors Ski has spoken with. He will provide a list.

Ski asked for any other ideas about Trueability. Ski explained that Trueability runs online testing. Ski is going to speak to them to run some for us and people that pass will have their name put in a raffle for a prize. Atom suggested that The LINUX Foundation may have some tests. Atom will contact them to see if they can help out. John mentioned reading somewhere that the Linux Foundation was offering a free Chrome book for taking a course.

A discussion ensued about various contests to hold for getting entries into the raffle besides showing up at the meeting. SOme ideas were Capture the flag, Loacate a Board member, Sacvenger hunts.

Ski will speak to USENIX about holding one or more of these contests.

A discussion on the Yerkes Award followed.

A discussion on getting more handouts, candy, other types of grab items for the table. Also placing pointers that say "LOPSA This way."

Local Chapter Committee report (Bilancio)

No report

Development report (Kacoroski)

Nothing happening at the moment

Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English)

  • LOPSAgram request for content for October sent
  • Would be good to get sponsor prospectus for LOPSA Cascadia and LOPSA East into this LOPSAgram
  • no progress on social stuff, sorry.
  • will prioritize Communications committee charter, purpose, goals and metrics by next meeting

Liaison reports (LC, etc.)

Technical Services Report (Beech)

Dan moving forward with Google migration. Making good progress. Few more things to work around, before full transition.

Mentorship Report (Beech)

No report

Leadership Committee (Kacoroski)

Nothing to report

Website... (Ski)

Matt paid the deposit for the new website and development work has started. I should have a draft of it by the next board meeting and will keep the board updated with weekly progress reports. The plan is for it to go live by LISA 2015. Ski asked Paul to put something in the LOPSAGram about the new Web Site. Ski mentioned about placing Easter Eggs on the web site to get people looking around for them and then have a raffle for all that find them.

Pay Pal EMV Reader(Boris)

We need to get a new PayPal device before LISA.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/09/28/the-paypal-here-card-reader-comes-to-u-s-with-support-for-emv-apple-pay-android-pay-more/

New Business

No New Business

Notes/announcements

Adjournment

John motioned for Adjournment Seconded by Steve.