Board meeting Minutes/29 Nov 2016
15 Nov 2016
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
13 Dec 2016
Minutes approved: 13 Dec 2016
- NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
- Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting! ,
- (Subject to verification) George Beech (chair),John Boris, Steve VanDevender,Ski Kacoroski, Atom Powers,
- Thomas Uphill (boy scouts), Paul English (travelling), Brian Globerman, Scott Suehle
- 21:00 Eastern Time
- 21:15 Eastern Time
- 1 Consent Agenda
- 2 Action Items
- 3 Standing Reports
- 4 Committee reports
- 4.1 Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Powers)
- 4.2 Education (on hold)
- 4.3 Speakers Bureau (on hold)
- 4.4 Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English, Uphill)
- 4.5 Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)
- 4.6 Mentorship Report (Boris, Beech)
- 4.7 Recognition (Uphill, Disney)
- 4.8 Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)
- 5 Next Agenda item... (NAME)
- 6 New Business
- 7 Notes/announcements
- 8 Adjournment
- Approve minutes of 15 Nov 2016 - not ready to be approved -Paul
See RT Board Queue
Treasurer's report (Brian, Kacoroski)
- BoA Account: $34,259.05
- PayPal Account: $11,742.55
- TDBank Account: $2,006.42
- Total: $48,008.02 +/- from last report (11/15/2016): +$692.53
Membership report (VanDevender)
- Total active members: 666 (previous report: 663, change: 3)
- Paying: 404 (3 new in last 30 days)
- Non-paying: 262 (13 new in last 30 days)
Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.
Brian provided me a spreadsheet with information on Paypal recurring payments received in the previous year. I contacted 20 existing or recently lapsed members who could be connected with the Paypal records. So far, 3 have replied asking to use the payment to extend their membership another year, 2 were reinstated after lapsing, and 2 asked for refunds. If anyone's curious about more of the details I can send out the current spreadsheet with notes on status.
Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Powers)
LOPSA-NJ will have a meeting in January and it will be at the Library in Lawrenceville. At that meeting a discussion will be held as to where the monthly meetings will be held.
LOPSA Cascadia 2017: March 10,11. Contract cutoff:(?) (Kacoroski,Uphill,Globermann,English,Powers)
- Still working on getting the word out. I have sent emails to over 300 people asking for submissions.
- Corey Quinn will be our Keynote Speaker.
LOPSA East 2017 June 9-10 2017 (Boris)
- CFP has been created to hand out at LISA'16
- Call for Sponsorships has been created to hand out at LISA'16
- Still no agreement from Montclair State
Lisa'16 (Kacoroski, Uphill)
Room is booked for the annual meeting, and we have a reservation for the lounge following. They sent me a menu for appetizers as well. If we have budget, perhaps we should get a few things.
Last major item outstanding is the presentation for the Annual meeting. I will get literature printed up in Boston.
I have the award in hand and will take with me to Boston. We have text from Chris Francy for the website.
Education (on hold)
Speakers Bureau (on hold)
Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English, Uphill)
Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)
Dan doing good things and migrating to google groups
Mentorship Report (Boris, Beech)
Recognition (Uphill, Disney)
Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)
Nothing to report
Next Agenda item... (NAME)
First new item...
John Boris Motioned for Adjournment Steve VanDevender Seconded