Board meeting Minutes/4 Jun 2012

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
21 May 2012
Board meeting Minutes Next:
18 Jun 2012


Minutes approved: 18 Jun 2012


Present
Philip Kizer (chair), William Bilancio, Ski Kacoroski, Matt Disney, Dan Rich,
Apologies
Lois Bennett, Nadine Miller, Chris St. Pierre, Jesse Trucks
Opened
0905 Eastern Time
Closed
0947 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Action Items

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report
    • 990 should be filed by the end of the week.
  • Membership report
    • 847 members
    • 75 lapsed members in Q2, 6 so far in June, 15 in May
    • 211 new members ytd, but only 19 renewals (Dan still need to verify these numbers to make sure we don't have duplicate memberships from PICC and Cascadia)
  • Technical services report
    • Still working on getting new server up and running
    • Looking for Drupal folks for Drupal upgrade
    • Initial idea for forums did not work, looking at other options
  • Conference/events activities report
    • PICC is done, Cascadia ramping up
    • Need to talk with SCALE folks about next year
    • Doing a table at Federated conference week
    • OLF coming up
    • Focus on LISA after the elections
  • Mentorship Status report
    • Nothing to report
  • Development report
    • Nothing to report
  • Upcoming LOPSAgram and #lopsa-live
    • Nothing to report
  • Liaison reports (LC, etc.)
    • Nothing to report, no call with the LC this week

Harrassment Policy at conferences

Discussed this and decided to talk about it at the Face to Face. Also each conference (PICC and Cascadia) can create their own policy.

LOPSAGram Notes... (Ski)

  • Process for publishing them on the wiki
  • Set up menu under LOPSA Community for them. Currently it is only available to paid users. I think we should we make this available to everyone? Comments?
    • Decided to keep this as a paid benefit

WiAC'12 stipend wrap-up (Disney)

  • Disbursement
  • Announcements
  • Lessons learned?
    • This can work well to get people to donate for specific causes that they are interested in.

SysAdmin Day activities (Disney)

  • Review current status, next steps, and potential different scopes.
  • Set deadline for implementation: July 1.

Center for Internet Security Ideas (Disney)

Thoughts for partnering with CIS?

    • Matt will get more information on this idea and meet with them on it.

Notes/announcements

Adjournment

Matt motion that we adjourn at 0947, Seconded by William