Board meeting Minutes/7 May 2007

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
30 April 2007
Board meeting Minutes Next:
14 May 2007



Minutes approved: 14 May 2007

Present
Matthew Barr, Trey Harris, Doug Hughes, Andrew Hume, Chris Palmer, David Parter, Stephen Potter, Pat Wilson (chair, note taker), Sam Albrecht, Michele Biordi
Apologies
Tom Perrine
Opened
20:04 Eastern Time
Closed
21:03 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Consent agenda passes.

Action Items

Board Committees

  • Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
  • Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
    • Albrecht - Contact SCALE regarding future cooperation [due 2/26] - in progress still trying to make contact.
  • Leadership Committee (Esther Filderman)
    • Albrecht - Query Filderman regarding election details. - DONE now need candidate statements
  • Policy Committee (Harris)
  • Communications Committee
    • Perrine - Follow up with SysAdmin Magazine regarding volunteers for online answer folks [due 3/20] - no report
  • Membership Committee
    • Parter - Set up retention-rate report - not done
    • Hughes - Find old website member conversion letter for Albrecht - DONE
    • Albrecht - Refresh conversion letter - not done was waiting on letter from Hughes
    • Wilson - Look into quarterly member drawing prizes - not done

Program Committees

  • Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
  • Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
    • Perrine - Organize Sysadmin Day 2007 site update - no report
    • Perrine - Turn his lopsa-discuss posting on the CFV for Sysadmin Day into a post for the web page - no report
    • Barr - Follow up on tech-team php-list(?) mailer integration into Drupal - not done

[ Potter joins at 20:09 ET ]

  • Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)
    • Palmer, Potter - Draft a plan regarding how a paid/compensated content director might help the website, and what sort of requirements we might make for that position [due 5/7] - not done

Non-Committee

  • Financial
    • Hume - Provide at Dec 2006 Treasurer's report writeup for the Board and for the web site - not done
  • Albrecht:
    • Provide status on IRS 501.c.3 status [due 4/9] - in progress
    • Enquire whether SoCoSA would be interested in pursuing Chapter status - not done
  • Barr:
  • Harris:
    • Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority) - not done
    • Gather material for Halprin request [2/26] - not done
  • Hughes:
    • Work with Frisch, Chalup, Halprin, Barr on consultant resources skeleton/framework [due 4/1] - not done
    • Contact Gilbert Wilson about work-pay ideas - in progress
  • Hume:
    • Reconvene Code of Ethics review committee - not done
  • Palmer:
  • Parter:
  • Perrine:
    • Perrine will work with Sam and Michele on "CONVERSION" of visitors to members - no report
  • Potter:
  • Wilson:
  • All:

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report (second meeting of the month only)
  • Membership report
    • See the report online for this week's status

There are now LOPSA group presences on LiveJournal and FaceBook. A MySpace page is being looked into.

  • Online report
  • Sysadmin Days report

The press release has gone out; are now looking for advertizing venues - suggestions welcome. The Sysadmin Magazine event (which was part of the cause to push back until August) has been cancelled. Perhaps there could be some synergy arising from that... Albrecht will touch base with them.

One easy advertizing idea is to suggest adding mention of the August event in members' .sig files.

  • Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)

Corporate renewals are going very well - most have renewed at the higher dollar amount for 2007. A quick demographic survey would be useful for attracting new sponsors. Members are reminded that the "personal touch" (phone calls requesting suport or appreciating support given) go a long way in this areana.

[ Biordi leaves at 20:46 ET ]

  • Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)
  • Sysadmin Mag ad topic (fourth meeting of the month only)

Elections

All candidates have been verified eligible to run by Albrecht, and the Leadership Committee has requested candidate statements from all. There should be a special "election" issue of the Memo to Members focusing on the election. It might be nice to have candidates' blog space easily findable (link on the front page of the web site) during the run-up to the election.

ACTION ITEM: Wilson to query Leadership Committee regarding their involvement in election logistics

May #lopsa-live

Parter and Barr will schedule a May #lopsa-live for the week of the 14th, and then plan on a late-May/early-June special election chat.

Notes/announcements

Wilson will be absent for the next 3 meetings (returning June 4th). Apologies.

Adjournment

MOTION to adjourn by Hume, seconded by Parter Adjourned at 21:03 ET