Board meeting Minutes/7 November 2005
3 November 2005
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
14 November 2005
Minutes approved: 14 November 2005
- Tom Perrine (chair), Andrew Hume, Stephen Potter, Chris Palmer, Doug Hughes, Pat Wilson, Trey Harris, David Parter, Sam Albrecht (note taker)
- 8:06 EST pm
- 10:00 EST pm
- Approve minutes of 31 October 2005 Motion to approve, none opposed. Motion passes.
- Draft a procedure for the vacancy appointment and charge for the Leadership Committee
- Contact Rose (chair of the Leadership Committee)- Done
- Continue the resume project - Project continues to develop.
- Finalize plans for LISA awards - Done
- Work on technical aspects of systemadministrators.org website (with Parter and Potter) - Starting to add content. Everyone to send 5 things that they would like to see on the site.
- Motion the Board to approve the Nov 18th report once it's been finalized
- Send the Nov 18th report to the Usenix Board
- Continue to pursue parallel negotiations with Usenix Board members
- Draft a Memo to Members including framing the Nov 18th report and our future plans - Hope to have a draft by tomorrow.
- Lead efforts to find an acceptable new name for newSAGE - New name has been determined.
- Work on techincal aspects of systemadministrators.org website (with Hughes) - Will begin more work once direction is given and becomes clear.
- Draft a business plan for newSAGE (with Wilson) - Has not started yet.
- Lead content/design efforts of website - See Hughes notes above.
- Approach BayLISA about co-hosting the locals BoF - DONE
- Finalize LISA section of Nov 18th report - DONE
- Draft a business plan for newSAGE (with Perrine) - Not started yet.
- Continue work on merchant account procurement - No work yet. Will try and get done by next weeks meeting.
Restoration of redactions
- Hume requested (on 12 September 2005) that we consider restoring the minutes redactions having to do with SAGECom at this time.
- ACTION: Hume will review minutes and provide a complete list.
- Finish discussion and approval of policy on Membership classes
- Trey moved to accept the membership policy as amended and described on the wiki. Second by Hughes. None oppossed. Motion passes.
Approved text: Membership classes policy
The Association shall have the following classes of membership:
Voting status as defined for each membership class above shall entitle a member of a voting class to:
Travel and reimbursement policy
- Finish discussion and approval of travel and reimbursement policy from 17 Oct agenda
- Sam to sign up for a Leading Volunteers BOF.
- Board meeting will be on Sunday.
- Discussion on who is going to run the SAGE Community Meeting.
- Booth volunteer schedule to be developed. Sam will spend most of his time there.
- Suite will be needed Tue - Fri.
- Need to send note to local chair to preclude any concerns.
- Discussion getting the booth listed as System Administrators Guild, Inc. - Hume to send email.
- We need to decide on membership policies in order to put on the site.
- Paypal will be set up as a temporary gateway for payment acceptance. Hughes to call Albrecht to get bank account info.
- Discussed implications of using arrowthorpe
Report on AH meeting
- Sam reported that after a meeting with senior management at AH, AH is still 100% behind this organization. We will work out a new agreement and will look at the contract for ways to cut expenses and/or share income as it is received.
- General discussion on legal issues with with respect to USENIX.
- Meeting was adjourned at 10:00 pm EST.