Board meeting Minutes/9 July 2007

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
2 July 2007
Board meeting Minutes Next:
16 July 2007



Minutes approved: 16 July 2007

Present
Matthew Barr, Trey Harris, Doug Hughes, Andrew Hume, Chris Palmer, David Parter, (chair, note taker), Sam Albrecht
Apologies
Tom Perrine, Stephen Potter, Pat Wilson
Opened
20:10 Eastern Time
Closed
21:39 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Action Items

Board Committees

  • Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
    • Albrecht: Delegate to staff to make a list of potential sponsors from targeted resources
  • Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
  • Leadership Committee (Esther Filderman)
  • Policy Committee (Harris)
  • Communications Committee
  • Membership Committee
    • Hughes - Set up retention-rate report
    • Albrecht - Send conversion letter-- Delegated to Hughes
    • Hughes, Parter - Implement an appropriate opt-out mechanism for member opt-out policy

Program Committees

  • Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
  • Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
    • Perrine - Organize Sysadmin Day 2007 site update
  • Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)
    • Palmer, Potter - Draft a plan regarding how a paid/compensated content director might help the website, and what sort of requirements we might make for that position [due 5/28]
    • Albrecht - Investigate the idea of hosting the sysadmin CMP content on the LOPSA site -Albrecht spoke to someone at CMP, was told that the content would continue to be hosted for at least the next year. Albrecht to contact Pomeranz to see if there are any other leads.

Non-Committee

  • Financial
  • Albrecht:
    • Provide status on IRS 501(c)(3) status
  • Barr:
  • Harris:
    • Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority)
  • Hughes:
    • Work with Frisch, Chalup, Halprin, Barr on consultant resources skeleton/framework [due 6/11]
    • Contact Gilbert Wilson about work-pay ideas
  • Hume:
    • Reconvene Code of Ethics review committee
  • Palmer:
  • Parter:
  • Perrine:
  • Potter:
  • Wilson:
  • All:

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report (second meeting of the month only)
  • Membership report
    • See the online report for this week's status
  • Online report
  • Sysadmin Days report
    • Currently at 14 registrations. Advertising has been slow, but registrations are starting to pick up. We were at about 6 registrations for Phoenix at this point in time. Staff prepared a cost to cancel budget that shows it is more cost effective to continue. Recommendation to look again next week.
  • Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
  • Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)

New Business

New Board Meeting Expenses

  • Discussion on finalizing the travel reimbursement policy.

MOTION to reimburse travel, one night hotel, and other reasonable travel policies as stated in the previous draft policy. Motion by Palmer, second by Hughes. Passes.

Notes/announcements

  • Agreement with SCALE to provide tutorials is coming along. Formal proposal to be provided to the Board soon.

Adjournment

  • Adjournment at 21:39 p.m. EDT