Board meeting Minutes/9 June 2008
12 May 2008
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
7 July 2008
Minutes approved: 7 July 2008
- Trey Harris (chair), David Parter, Stephen Potter, Derek Balling, Philip Kizer, Bob Apthorpe, Deepa Solanki
- Jesse Trucks, Matthew Barr, Chris Palmer,
- 20:10pm Eastern Time
- 22:15 Eastern Time
- Approve minutes of 12 May 2008
- Record motion reported out of executive session: To authorize Michael York, Esq., of the firm of Novins, York & Pagano, to respond to the lawsuit brought against LOPSA by the USENIX Association, and to authorize expenditure of not more than $2,500 to do so. Motion passed 29 May 2008.
- Add Basecamp link to wiki for easy access
- Should have received letter by the end of the week to be able to proceed with opening a stock brokerage acount.
- Executive Director's report
- Dasher - conf call scheduled to discuss 2nd payment and benefits.
- Jobs Board - need board point of contact.
- Founding member certs - Trey to approve verbiage.
- Health insurance - executive committee approved? (work with Philip and Stephen)
- www.fundraising-solutions.org - do we want to proceed? (work with Derek)
- Other Open Action Items:
- Bitpusher is interested in possibly doing a mailing.
- Cafepress account
- membership survey
- stock brokerage account
- membership cards/kits
- Treasurer's report (second meeting of the month only)
- Membership report
- Technical services report
- Conference/events activities report
- Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
- Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)
Education Committee Charter
One of the primary missions of LOPSA is the education of system administrators. The Education Committee exists to further this goal.
The Education Committee shall:
Due to potential access to proprietary LOPSA information and/or administrative access to technical resources by Education Committee members, all members of the Education Committee shall have a signed copy of the LOPSA Non-Disclosure Agreement on file with LOPSA Staff prior to any granting of access to sensitive information or resources.
MOTION MADE: to pass the Education Committee Charter as amended. Motion Passes.
Conference Bridge, Redux (Balling)
The person who authorized the LOPSA conference bridge at Vassar is leaving. I have no indication that there will be any material change, at least until a replacement for him is hired, but we should at least consider whether or not it makes sense for us to stop depending on the generosity of others, and look into a bridge of our own, or what.
Personally, I've been pretty happy with the bridge provided by Vassar, in terms of call-quality and features (the former being something we have had significant issues with in the past), so my personal preference is to try and find something of similar quality, and at least "have it in reserve" for when/if the Vassar situation changes.
Publicize 1000th Member
What actions should we take on the occasion of our 1000th official member?
- Individual contact/special "thank you"
- Mention in M2M
- Advertise on homepage
- Comp for membership
- LOPSA swag kit
- Hold interview and post on website.
Executive Session (Harris)
Board enters Executive Session at 20:46 EDT.
Board exits Executive Session at 22:15 EDT.