Difference between revisions of "Board meeting Minutes/11 June 2007"
Latest revision as of 17:06, 31 July 2007
4 June 2007
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
18 June 2007
Minutes approved: 18 June 2007
- Tom Perrine (chair), Matthew Barr, Trey Harris, Doug Hughes, Andrew Hume, David Parter, Pat Wilson (note taker), Sam Albrecht
- 20:08 Eastern Time
- 20:49 Eastern Time
- Approve minutes of 4 June 2007
[ Harris joins at 20:09 ET ]
- Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
- Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
- Leadership Committee (Esther Filderman)
- Policy Committee (Harris)
- Communications Committee
- Perrine - Follow up with SysAdmin Magazine regarding volunteers for online answer folks [due 3/20] - no action it was noted that the member subscriptions have not yet started - Albrecht will follow up
- Membership Committee
- Parter - Set up retention-rate report [due 5/28] - no action
- Albrecht - Refresh conversion letter - in progress Albrecht and Perrine will confer during the week
- Wilson - Look into quarterly member drawing prizes - in progress Nano has probably been overdone; will look for something else
- Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
- Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
- Perrine - Organize Sysadmin Day 2007 site update - in progress Albrecht reports press release just needs a tuneup
- Perrine - Turn his lopsa-discuss posting on the CFV for Sysadmin Day into a post for the web page - no action
[ Barr joins at 20:15 ET ]
- Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)
- Palmer, Potter - Draft a plan regarding how a paid/compensated content director might help the website, and what sort of requirements we might make for that position [due 5/28] - no report
- Provide status on IRS 501(c)(3) status [due 4/9] - in progress waiting on IRS
- Enquire whether SoCoSA would be interested in pursuing Chapter status [5/28] - no action
- Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority) - in progress
- Gather material for Halprin request [2/26] - overcome by events
- Work with Frisch, Chalup, Halprin, Barr on consultant resources skeleton/framework [due 6/11] - no progress
- Contact Gilbert Wilson about work-pay ideas - no progress waiting on reply from Gilbert
- Reconvene Code of Ethics review committee - in progress
- Perrine will work with Sam and Michele on "CONVERSION" of visitors to members - now duplicates Albrecht action item above; removed
- Treasurer's report (second meeting of the month only)
April Financials and Hours report sent out by Albrecht.
- Membership report
- See the report online for this week's status
- Online report
- Sysadmin Days report
Still need more advertizing/buzz.
- Election report
Elections start on June 16th. There will be a #lopsa-live (TBD), too.
- Development report
from 4 June
Biordi has contacted pervious sponsors about Sysadmin Days opportunities.
- Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)
MtM in progress.
- Sysadmin Mag ad topic (fourth meeting of the month only)
Member services letter
The email that was sent out to non-renewing members was overzealous - a followup apology will be forthcoming.
MOTION to adjourn by Hughes, seconded by Wilson. Passes. Adjourned at 20:49 ET