Difference between revisions of "Board meeting Minutes/13 February 2018"
(Populate page from internal wiki: Board_meeting_Minutes/13_February_2018)
Latest revision as of 16:41, 13 April 2018
30 January 2018
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
27 February 2018
Minutes approved: 10 April 2018
- George Beech (chair), Andy Cowell (VP), Brian Globerman (Treasurer), Steve VanDevender, Drew Adams, Danielle White, Thomas Uphill
- Aleksey Tsalolikhin (Secretary)
- 8:57 p.m. Eastern Time
- 9:30 p.m. Eastern Time
- 1 Consent Agenda
- 2 Standing Reports
- 3 Committee reports
- 4 New Business
- 5 Adjournment
- Approve minutes of 30 January 2018 -- the minutes of 30 January 2018 were not approved. Tabled till the next meeting.
Treasurer report (Globerman)
- Brian reported he upgraded the storage in Zoom for meeting recordings -- this will help the Secretary in transcribing them.
- Brian renewed LOPSA's registration with the State of New Jersey.
- Brian called IRS re why we are not shown as a non-profit on GuideStart. He will check mid-Feb and if we are still not listed will check again mid-Mirch as the IRS dumps to Guide Star once a month.
- Tax filing deadline for non-profits is end of May. Brian will try to do it himself or else will have our CPA do it.
- Brian is going to SCALE next month. Suggested it would be great to have a write-up (flyer) re mentorship program for SCALE.
Membership report (VanDevender)
- Total active members: 652 (previous report: 654, change: -2, pending renewal: 17)
- Paying: 328 (4 new in last 30 days)
- Non-paying: 324 (9 new in last 30 days)
Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.
Conferences/Events/Chapters activities (Adams)
Drew got the booth (419) for LOPSA at SCALE, that's ready to go.
George will send another box of LOPSA swag to Drew.
Marketing/Communications (Tsalolikhin, Uphill)
- Andy asked Drew if he could get back to the two volunteer who emailed the board offering to help. Drew said he'd connect with them and find out how they can fit in.
- Drew introduced Roger as a candidate for the LOPSA Community Mgr position.
Technical Services (White)
No special news from Tech Services; Danielle talked to Dan Rich recently who reminded us that the LOPSA election is coming up. George said he'd reach out to Trev and have an update for the board at the next meeting.
Education, Training and Mentorship (Cowell)
Andy has been tied up - he gave a presentation to the Python Tennessee conference on Saturday - threw out a plug for LOPSA - now that he's done with that, he's going to work on getting the new LOPSA mentorship site up.
Leadership Committee (Beech, Moore)
George set up Trev's (leadership committee head) access in Wild Apricot.
Locals/Chapters Committee (Adams)
Branson's wiki proposal
Brian brought up the email from Branson proposing a sysadmin wiki. George said he'll email Branson back after the meeting and tell him we'll watch his video and discuss it at the next board meeting.
SSL cert for mentor.lopsa.org
Xinspire suggested using a wildcard cert -- since it's going on their system, that's a no go. Andy will reach out to the Tech Services team.
Andy Motioned for Adjournment Brian Seconded