Board meeting Minutes/13 March 2018
27 February 2018
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
27 March 2018
Minutes approved: 27 March 2018
- George Beech, Steve VanDevender, Aleksey Tsalolikhin, Scott Suehle, Drew Adams
- Danielle White, Brian Globerman
- 21:03 Eastern Time
- 21:11 Eastern Time
- 1 Consent Agenda
- 2 Standing Reports
- 3 Committee reports
- 3.1 Conferences/Events/Chapters activities (Adams)
- 3.2 Marketing/Communications (Tsalolikhin, Uphill)
- 3.3 Technical Services (White)
- 3.4 Education, Training and Mentorship (Cowell)
- 3.5 Recognition (Beech)
- 3.6 Leadership Committee (Beech, Moore)
- 3.7 Locals/Chapters Committee (Adams)
- 4 Adjournment
- Approve minutes of 27 February 2018 -- the minutes were not ready yet, we'll approve them at the next meeting.
Treasurer's report (Globerman, Beech, Suehle)
Brian's absent, we're skipping Treasurer's report this meeting. NOTE: Balance sheet and P&L statement added 3/18/2018
Membership report (VanDevender)
- Total active members: 622 (previous report: 625, change: -3, pending renewal: 53)
- Paying: 294 (11 new in last 30 days)
- Non-paying: 328 (13 new in last 30 days)
Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.
Conferences/Events/Chapters activities (Adams)
SCALE 16x: (Adams, Tsalolikhin)
We signed up 6 paid members at SCALE. Drew FedEx'ed the conference gear to Brian, as Brian is going to LinuxFest NorthWest in April next.
LOPSA Cascadia 2019: (Vandevender)
Steve said Brian is looking at venues.
Marketing/Communications (Tsalolikhin, Uphill)
Aleksey is planning to start a regular meeting for the Marketing/Communications committee and to put out a call for volunteers.
We have an applicant for the Community Manager position.
Technical Services (White)
No report as Danielle's out.
Education, Training and Mentorship (Cowell)
No report as Andy's out.
Leadership Committee (Beech, Moore)
George reported that the LOPSA election is coming up and Trevor (new head of leadership committee) is starting to draw up the candidate pool.
Locals/Chapters Committee (Adams)
No news, save the LA chapter is planning to hold a meetup on March 27th with a presentation on Shell Basics.
Scott Motioned for Adjournment Aleksey Seconded