Difference between revisions of "Board meeting Minutes/16 April 2007"
Latest revision as of 18:37, 11 June 2007
9 April 2007
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
23 April 2007
Minutes approved: 23 April 2007
- Tom Perrine, Matthew Barr, Trey Harris, Andrew Hume, David Parter, Stephen Potter, Pat Wilson (chair, note taker)
- Doug Hughes, Chris Palmer, Sam Albrecht
- 20:06 Eastern Time
- 21:30 Eastern Time
- Approve minutes of 9 April 2007
[ Perrine joins at 20:07 ]
- Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
- Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
- Palmer - Contact local office of possible partner - no report
- Barr, Albrecht - Contact SCALE regarding future cooperation [due 2/26] - in progress This is now solely Albrecht's action item
- Leadership Committee (Esther Filderman)
- Policy Committee (Harris)
- Communications Committee
- Perrine - Follow up with SysAdmin Magazine regarding volunteers for online answer folks [due 3/20] - see below
- Membership Committee
- Parter - Set up retention-rate report - no action waiting to get some information from Hughes
- Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
- Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
- Perrine - Organize Sysadmin Day 2007 site update - in progress needs more (committed) volunteers
ACTION ITEM: Perrine to turn his lopsa-discuss posting on this subject into a post for the web page
- tech-team php-list(?) mailer integration into Drupal - no action needed clairification from Barr regarding purpose of project. Parter and Barr will discuss
- Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)
- Palmer, Potter - Draft a plan regarding how a paid/compensated content director might help the website, and what sort of requirements we might make for that position - in progress should be included in 30 April agenda
- Hume - Provide at Dec 2006 Treasurer's report writeup for the Board and for the web site - in progress
[ Barr joins at 20:25 ET ]
- Provide status on IRS 501.c.3 status [due 4/9] - no report
- Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority) - no action
- Gather material for Halprin request [2/26] - no action
- Work with Frisch, Chalup, Halprin, Barr on consultant resources skeleton/framework [due 4/1] - no report
- Contact Gilbert Wilson about work-pay ideas - no report
- Run a database query for Perrine to track creation and last login for non-converted web accounts - Done 4/15
- Chat with SNIA regarding possible partnering (low priority) - no action drop this item
- Reconvene Code of Ethics review committee - no action
- Perrine will work with Sam and Michele on "CONVERSION" of visitors to members - no action
- Send Biordi 3 contact names by 6 April 2007 - in progress
- Treasurer's report (second meeting of the month only)
- Membership report
- See the report online for this week's status
There seems to be a recurrance of the intermittent problem with the member report - Parter will look into it. Need to work on member conversion.
- Online report
- Sysadmin Days report
There's now a program, and the schedule is coming. Will need some help with the web graphics. Contract for venue has been signed.
- Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
- Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)
New individual/consultant sponsor benefit (spp)
Discussion of Potter's proposal to include a complimentary membership at the Gold Individual and Consulting levels (corresponding with Gold Corporate level benefit).
MOTION by Potter, seconded by Parter to include complimentary membership at the Consultant and Individual Gold levels, such membership to extend the current membership by a year if it exists. Passes [5 in favor; Barr, Wilson abstain]
This benefit will be retroactive to the beginning of the year.
MOTION by Perrine, seconded by Potter to accept the Seattle Area System Administrators Guild (SASAG) as a LOPSA affiliate. Passes.
MOTION by Potter, seconded by Perrine to accept the Sonoma County System Administrators (SoCoSA) as a LOPSA affiliate. Passes.
ACTION ITEM: Albrecht to enquire whether SoCoSA would be interested in pursuing Chapter status
Sysadmin Magazine Q&A
Brainstorming regarding possible project with Sysadmin Magazine
Sysadmin Short Cuts (spp)
Potter proposes doing a "hint of the week" for the web site. Sense of the Board is that this would be a good idea. Potter will lead the project.
MOTION to adjourn by Potter, seconded by Parter Passes. Adjourned at 21:30 ET