Difference between revisions of "Board meeting Minutes/16 July 2007"
Latest revision as of 17:12, 31 July 2007
9 July 2007
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
23 July 2007
Minutes approved: 23 July 2007
- Matthew Barr, Chris Palmer, David Parter, Stephen Potter, Pat Wilson (chair, note taker), Sam Albrecht
- Trey Harris, Doug Hughes, Tom Perrine
- 20:06 Eastern Time
- 20:46 Eastern Time
- Approve minutes of 9 July 2007
Consent agenda passes.
- Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
- Albrecht: Delegate to staff to make a list of potential sponsors from targeted resources - DONE
- Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
- Leadership Committee (Esther Filderman)
- Policy Committee (Harris)
- Communications Committee
- Membership Committee
- Hughes - Set up retention-rate report - no report
- Hughes - Send conversion letter - DONE
- Hughes, Parter - Implement an appropriate opt-out mechanism for member opt-out policy - not done
- Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
- Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
- Perrine - Organize Sysadmin Day 2007 site update - in progress Palmer reports that things are coming together, and he'll put the press release up on the web site, add a banner for Sysadmin Days to the Appreciation Day page, and mention the Day in the upcoming Memo to Members
- Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)
- Palmer, Potter - Draft a plan regarding how a paid/compensated content director might help the website, and what sort of requirements we might make for that position [due 5/28] - no progress will defer this to the new Board
- Albrecht - Contact Pomeranz to see if there are any other leads on CMP site content. - in progress
- Provide status on IRS 501(c)(3) status. - in progress back to phone tag
- Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority) - no report
- Work with Frisch, Chalup, Halprin, Barr on consultant resources skeleton/framework [due 6/11] - no report
- Contact Gilbert Wilson about work-pay ideas - no report
- Reconvene Code of Ethics review committee - no report
- Treasurer's report (second meeting of the month only)
- Membership report
- See the oniline report for this week's status
Google adwords seems to be a useful tool.
- Online report
Work on the website revamp continues - Palmer hopes to have the new look'n'feel upgrade by the end of the month.
- Sysadmin Days report
SNIA has been asked to put out an announcement to local groups. Registrations continue to come in.
- Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
- Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)
Certificate of Amendment
Palmer will generate an email motion regarding the recommended Certificate of Amendment.
MOTION to adjourn by Palmer, seconded by Parter Passes. Adjourned at 20:46 ET