Difference between revisions of "Board meeting Minutes/18 December 2006"
Latest revision as of 19:13, 10 February 2007
11 December 2006
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
8 January 2007
Minutes approved: 8 January 2007
- Matthew Barr, Trey Harris, Doug Hughes, Andrew Hume, Chris Palmer, David Parter, Tom Perrine, Stephen Potter, Pat Wilson (chair, note taker), Sam Albrecht
- 20:04 Eastern Time
- 21:00 Eastern Time
- 1 Consent Agenda
- 2 Action Items
- 3 Standing Reports
- 4 Approve new affiliate request
- 5 Approve new chapter request
- 6 Approve Sponsor Levels and benefits
- 7 Next Board Call
- 8 Notes/announcements
- 9 Adjournment
- Approve minutes of 11 December 2006
- Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
- Wilson - Coordinate sponsor renewal letters - in progress will give Biordi the go ahead
- Potter, Wilson - Clean up proposed sponsorship revisions document, email Board for discussion, and call a vote on the revisions [due 12/1] - see agenda, below
[Harris joins at 20:10 ET]
- Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
- Palmer - Contact local office of possible partner [due 10/16] - on hold for vacations now due 1/7
- Leadership Committee (Greg Rose)
- Policy Committee (Harris)
- Communications Committee
- Perrine - Follow up with SysAdmin Magazine regarding volunteers for online answer folks - not done
- Perrine - [from 11/8] Talk to Rich regarding posting LOPSA logo on Sysadmin Magazine irc - in progress Rich has agreed to do so, and just needs camera-ready logo
ACTION ITEM: Wilson to contact Welch regarding logo and update all graphics for 2007
- Albrecht - [from 11/8] Contact listbroker regarding lateness in sending out email blast - no progress
- Membership Committee
- Solanki - [from 11/8] Follow up on pending membership payments - in progress
- Hughes - Automate the renewal letter process - not done
- Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
- Harris - Contact alternate event model company and request a presentation to the Board - waiting on response from contact
- Wilson - Make a sign listing current LOPSA sponsors (for LISA) - DONE
[Perrine joins at 20:15 ET]
[Barr joins at 20:18 ET]
- Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
- Barr - [from 11/8] Set up board-only mail alias - not done
- Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)
- Locals Committee (Parter)
- Albrecht - [from 11/8] Draft wording for posting 990 on website - not done
- Touch base with IRS [due 10/16] - no progress
- Query insurance company regarding possible member insurance options [due 12/21]
- Bring JobTarget proposal/agreement to the Board for a vote [due 12/11] - not done
- Set up wiki for Resume Standards project - not done
- Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority) - not done
- Gather material for Halprin request - in progress now due 2/1
- Work with Frisch, Chalup, Halprin, Barr on resume resources skeleton/framework (should have status by mid February) - not due until 2/1
- Chat with SNIA regarding possible partnering [due 10/30] - in progress Hume found a new SNIA contact at LISA
- Reconvene Code of Ethics review committee - not done
- Draft a new charter for the combined Development/Partnership committee - not done
- Treasurer's report (first meeting of the month only)
- Membership report
- See the online report for this week's status
Hughes will need to manually send out next batch of renewal notices; call to discuss renewal metrics and techniques has not yet occurred. There was a problem with the "member conversion" email, in that someone considered it spam and got LOPSA blacklisted for a while - Hughes will consider alternate action.
- Online report
Some new online volunteers have been recruited. Parter will work with Solanki to get the shirt inventory up on the store site
- Training event report becomes "Sysadmin Days report moving forward
The organizing committee for the May event is being formed; schedule will be aggressive. The fall event planning should commence in the next month or so.
- Development report
Wilson conversed with our BlueArc contact at LISA, and discussed ideas for further collaboration.
ACTION ITEM: Wilson to follow up with BlueArc, Biordi, and the Board as necessary
Approve new affiliate request
- System Administrators Guild - Ireland has requested affiliate status. Albrecht recommends approval.
MOTION: by Perrine, seconded by Hughes to extend LOPSA affiliate status to System Administrators Guild - Ireland Passes.
Approve new chapter request
- Request for a LOPSA Chapter in Central NJ. Three members are: William Bilancio, Brian Jones,
Steve Elgersma. Albrecht recommends approval.
MOTION by Parter, seconded by Potter to approve request for provisional Chapter in Central NJ. Passes
Approve Sponsor Levels and benefits
MOTION by Perrine, seconded by Potter, to approve 2007 sponsor benefits, levels, and amounts. Passes
MOTION by Palmer, seconded by Perrine, to use [NULL] (i.e. no designator) for the entry level of all three sponsorship categories. Passes.
ACTION ITEM: Hughes to adjust LOPSA site to reflect changes
Next Board Call
Next Board call is January 8th 2007
MOTION by Potter (on Dec 8th 2006 via email) to approve changes to sponsorship benefits. Failed, due to lack of quorum.
Seasons' greetings to all and sundry.
MOTION to adjourn by Hume, seconded by Palmer Passes. Adjourned at 21:00 ET