Board meeting Minutes/18 February 2008
< Board meeting Minutes
Revision as of 10:22, 14 April 2008 by Pckizer (correct the minutes approval date)
4 February 2008
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
3 March 2008
Minutes approved: 31 March 2008
- Subject to verification Philip Kizer (chair), David Parter, Jesse Trucks, Bob Apthorpe, Derek Balling, Trey Harris, Deepa Solanki
- Stephen Potter, Chris Palmer, Matthew Barr.
- <8.06pm> Eastern Time
- Recessed for Business Meeting
- <8:30pm> Eastern Time
- <9:26pm> Eastern Time
Harris has no voice due to laryngitis and Kizer chairs.
- Approve minutes of 21 January 2008
- Approve minutes of 4 February 2008
- Amend minutes of 7 January 2008 to record apologies from Chris Palmer (not present).
- Draft policy on use of @lopsa.org email addresses— deferred to next meeting.
- Update meeting minutes on public governance pages
- Executive Director's report
- Membership card graphics received. Template approved. Will be uploaded for printing.
- Membership Brochures - working to purchase mailing list. Budget will need to be updated before proceeding with project.
- Job Target - In discussion with contact.
- Treasurer's report (second meeting of the month only)
- Sample membership cards have been uploaded. Will order 2,500 quantity.
- Membership report
- Technical services report
- IRC transition went very smooth - considering adding cloaks for everyone since not many members use IRC
- Some Tech Team members have tech-team cloaks so members can find them quickly
- Site upgrade is ramping up and the early R&D is underway.
- Conference/events activities report
- Nothing to report
- Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
- Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)
- February edition late.
- ACTION ITEM: Set up template for February
- MOTION; Motion (made by Trucks), seconded and unanimously approved to authorize an additional $4K spending for executive direcotor to send membership drive mailing to the Sysadmin mailing list.
Board adjourns early to have a program planning meeting.