Difference between revisions of "Board meeting Minutes/18 June 2007"
Latest revision as of 17:08, 31 July 2007
11 June 2007
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
2 July 2007
Minutes approved: 2 July 2007
- Tom Perrine (chair), Trey Harris, Andrew Hume, Stephen Potter, Pat Wilson (note taker), Sam Albrecht
- Matthew Barr, Doug Hughes, Chris Palmer, David Parter
- 20:05 Eastern Time
- 20:52 Eastern Time
- Approve minutes of 11 June 2007
- Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
- Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
- Leadership Committee (Esther Filderman)
- Policy Committee (Harris)
- Communications Committee
- Perrine - Follow up with SysAdmin Magazine regarding volunteers for online answer folks [due 3/20] - moot
- Albrecht - Look into Sysadmin Magazine member subscription delay. - DONE LOPSA list wasn't folded in to subscriber list before the demise, which is good. Albrecht will investigate alternate partnerships.
ACTION ITEM: Albrecht to write a memo for distribution to members explaining the situation and expressing LOPSA's sadness at the magazine's demise
- Membership Committee
- Parter - Set up retention-rate report [due 5/28] - no report
- Albrecht - Refresh conversion letter - not done
- Wilson - Look into quarterly member drawing prizes - DONE decided on a ThinkGeek gift certificate
- Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
- Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
- Perrine - Organize Sysadmin Day 2007 site update - in progress 2nd call for volunteers sent 6/15
- Perrine - Turn his lopsa-discuss posting on the CFV for Sysadmin Day into a post for the web page - DONE
- Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)
- Palmer, Potter - Draft a plan regarding how a paid/compensated content director might help the website, and what sort of requirements we might make for that position [due 5/28] - in progress see the Content_director wiki page. Potter welcomes comments
- Provide status on IRS 501(c)(3) status [due 4/9] - in progress more phone tag with IRS
- Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority) - not done
- Work with Frisch, Chalup, Halprin, Barr on consultant resources skeleton/framework [due 6/11] - no report
- Contact Gilbert Wilson about work-pay ideas - no report
- Reconvene Code of Ethics review committee - in progress
- Treasurer's report (second meeting of the month only)
- Membership report
- See the report online for this week's status
- Online report
- Sysadmin Days report
Registrations continue to come in. Albrecht will be picking up the sponsorship canvassing duties.
- Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
- Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)
- Sysadmin Mag ad topic (fourth meeting of the month only)
Newly elected Board members should be invited to join the July Board meetings.
Hume notes that, for future, it might be best to have an entity more removed from the election process than the Leadership committee announce the results of the election, but it's probably not that big a deal this time.
MOTION to adjourn by Wilson, seconded by Hume Passes. Adjourned at 20:52 ET.