Difference between revisions of "Board meeting Minutes/23 Nov 2015"
(Populate page from internal wiki: Board_meeting_Minutes/23_Nov_2015)
Latest revision as of 16:12, 14 December 2015
26 Oct 2015
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
14 Dec 2015
Minutes approved: 23 Nov 2015
- NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
- Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting!
- (Subject to verification) Ski Kacoroski (chair), William Bilancio, Steve VanDevender, Matt Disney, Atom Powers
- John Boris, George Beech, Thomas Uphill,Paul English
- 9:16 PMEastern Time
- 10:00 PMEastern Time
- 1 Consent Agenda
- 2 Action Items
- 3 Standing Reports
- 4 Committee reports
- 4.1 Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Bilancio, Powers)
- 4.2 Education (Kacoroski, Boris)
- 4.3 Speakers Bureau (Powers, English)
- 4.4 Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English, Uphill)
- 4.5 Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)
- 4.6 Mentorship Report (Boris, Beech)
- 4.7 Recognition (Uphill, Disney)
- 4.8 Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)
- 4.9 Removing Members from all LOPSA per their request (Bilancio)
- 4.10 LISA Notes... (SKI)
- 4.11 Website status (SKI)
- 4.12 Complimentary memberships for conference speakers (stevev)
- 5 New Business
- 6 Notes/announcements
- 7 Adjournment
- Minutes of 26 Oct 2015 were approved
Board members should review RT for their action items
Treasurer's report (Disney, Kacoroski)
- Balance info
- BoA Account: $49,205.06
- PayPal Account: $4,667.33
- TDBank: $2,001.21
- Total: $55,873.60
- +/- from last report: $2,107.82
- LOPSA Balance: $49,955.21
- CasITConf Balance: $5,918.39
- Summary of expenditures since last report:
- Budgeted operations
- Website design and move to WildApricot ($1839.75; $5,946.45 YTD)
- Summary of income since last report:
- Membership dues (LISA)
- Top priorities
- F2F meeting reimbursements
- EIN for LOPSA East
- Cascadia: accounts receivable
- New budget framework
- Scott Koch refund
- Transition bank accounts
- 2014 990
- Assuming HootSuite charges
- Finances committee charter
- Time to downgrade WildApricot subscription?
Membership report (VanDevender, Bilancio)
Wild Apricot provides different member reporting information than CiviCRM did, and I haven't figured out how to extract the information corresponding to our old report format.
Here's a summary of the data currently reported in Wild Apricot:
Active members: 649 (170 student, 4 complimentary)
New members in last 30 days: 27 (9 student, 1 complimentary)
The good news is that the active member numbers actually went up since last time (633 last month to 649 now), although that's mainly due to LISA and the mass-mailing to member contacts.
Lapsed member statistics are probably not going to be useful until we do the cleanup of inactive records from the imported member database, which has 3124 total entries, most of which are effectively lapsed.
Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Bilancio, Powers)
Lisa'15 (Kacoroski, Uphill)
Conference was successful with several new members, good attendance at the annual meeting and After Dark party.
Education (Kacoroski, Boris)
Speakers Bureau (Powers, English)
Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English, Uphill)
Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)
Mentorship Report (Boris, Beech)
Recognition (Uphill, Disney)
Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)
- ski is going to talk with Camille at Usenix about LOPSA doing more for students and WiAC
Removing Members from all LOPSA per their request (Bilancio)
A discussion was held on removing a member from all mailing lists and Wild Apricot per the members request.
LISA Notes... (SKI)
Discussion on ideas I got from LISA
Website status (SKI)
- lopsa.org has a cert and ski will be sending out emails to past sponsors and members that the cert is fixed. ski needs to verify emails come from lopsa.org and not lopsa.wildapricot.org
- blogs.lopsa.org should be ready in 10 to 14 days. ski is working on extracting the blog posts so consultant can import them
- ski needs to remove lisa banner from the website
Complimentary memberships for conference speakers (stevev)
I'd like to propose that LOPSA offer complimentary memberships to members who speak at Cascadia, LOPSA-East, or other conferences with a LOPSA presence (maybe also LISA?). There's been some inconsistency about how speakers are handled as conference attendees so we haven't always given them memberships based on their attendee status. Instead of having this depend on the conference policies, we could just make this a LOPSA policy independent of the conferences.
- steve is going to work up a policy for conferences to give lopsa memberships to conference speakers and tutorial instructors.
No New Business
William Motioned for Adjournment Matt Disney Seconded