Difference between revisions of "Board meeting Minutes/27 Jun 2016"
(Populate page from internal wiki: Board_meeting_Minutes/27_Jun__2016)
Latest revision as of 11:21, 27 July 2016
13 Jun 2016
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
11 Jul 2016
Minutes approved: 25 Jul 2016
- NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
- Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting!(chair)
- (Subject to verification) ? Ski Kacoroski, John Boris, Thomas Uphill, Steve VanDevender, Paul English, George Beech,
- Atom Powers,Matt Disney
- Heather Rane (Community Manager)
- 9:09 PM Eastern Time
- 9:34 PM Eastern Time
- 1 Consent Agenda
- 2 Action Items
- 3 Welcome to Heather
- 4 Standing Reports
- 5 Committee reports
- 5.1 Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Powers)
- 5.2 Education (Kacoroski, Boris)
- 5.3 Speakers Bureau (Powers, English)
- 5.4 Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English, Uphill)
- 5.5 Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)
- 5.6 Mentorship Report (Boris, Beech)
- 5.7 Recognition (Uphill, Disney)
- 5.8 Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)
- 6 Regus Account
- 7 New Business
- 8 Adjournment
- minutes of 13 Jun 2016 approved
No Action Items
Welcome to Heather
Her Bio: IT Support professional with experience in diverse computer, printer, phone, hardware, software and network connectivity issues. Experience includes installing, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining hardware and software for production and lab environments. Supports file and print services, and software updates. Coordinates support service requests, maintains records, and service communications across multiple platforms. Provides user training and assistance with desktop applications, and excellent customer support. anything.
Ideas for System Admin Day contest: 1. Create a contest you would like to participate in for future use.
2. Create a theme based internet scavenger hunt for use at future events.
3. Create a lesson in how to do your favorite hobby outside of system administration.
4. Create a Top 10 musical compilation.
5. Create a Top 10 list for why you would visit the LOPSA site.
6. Create a list of the features you'd like at the LOPSA site.
Treasurer's report (Disney, Kacoroski)
Membership report (VanDevender)
- Total active members: 696 (previous report: 691, change: 5)
- Paying: 447 (4 new in last 30 days)
- Non-paying: 249 (19 new in last 30 days)
Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.
Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Powers)
- I have the emails from the lopsa-nj list. I think we should should match the list to paid members so we can get a feel for how many paid members, lapsed members are on the list.
- On July 26 George and I will be meeting with Joe Youn and Mike Stoppay at Montclair.
- On July 26 George and I will be going to Montclair University to meet with Joe Youn and Mike Stoppay to scope out the venue for the Spring Conference. We will look at the rooms and what is available on site. We will review the hotels in the area. We will also talk about a name for the conference. Since we need to reboot the conference it should be renamed. I think we should have a decision after the September meeting for LOPSA-NJ and publicize it in the October LOPSAGram. If Joe and Mike are on board I will step in to coordinate things for this year while we transition to a better plan and policy for Conferences LOPSA runs.
As of now it looks like it will be held at the Hotel Deca again.
Offering Zoom to Locals (Boris)
- Would it be possible to allow our locals to broadcast their Meetings via Zoom as a Web Conference?
- PLUG (Philadelhia LINUX Users Group) Publishes videos of their meetings.
- Here are two links to their latest offerings I have the permission to put the links on our site.
- George stated that Hangouts on Air is better suited for that as it will go right up on You Tube and we would not have to handle it.
- Thomas mentioned that the recording devices are the big issue. John said he will look into recording devices and report back.
Lisa'16 (Kacoroski, Uphill)
- Contacted UseNIX (Derron) for BOF reservation
- Contacted Hotel to reserve room for LOPSA After Dark.
- Looking around on Serverfault for highest hitter.
- Looking for other ways of selecting the winner. Need a few people on this committee
- Possible vendors:
Education (Kacoroski, Boris)
Nothing to report
Speakers Bureau (Powers, English)
- Nothing to report. Will hopefully have draft intake form up for NEXT board meeting.
Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English, Uphill)
- Time for July LOPSAgram submissions. Notice will go out today.
- Will work with Heather on LOPSAgram improvements
- Will work with Heather on Marketing calendar
- Paul will get Heather a HootSuite account
Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)
George told Dan to look into a Ticketing system and let him know.
Mentorship Report (Boris, Beech)
Gave Craig the Board's blessing. Haven't heard back need to follow up
Recognition (Uphill, Disney)
Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)
2016 Elections (Boris)
- 44 Votes entered
- Elections closed June 23rd
Our New Mail address will be:
League of Professional System Administrators
1200 Route 22 East, Suite 2000
Bridgewater, 08807, New Jersey, United States
- Change Pages on Web site to new address
- Main Page (Ski updated page templates and contact page)
- Membership Pages
- Special addressees
- All mail for membership should be addressed ATTN: Membership
- Any payment remittances should be addressed ATTN: Treasurer
- All mail to President should be addressed ATTN: President
- Have mail forwarded from PO Box to new address
- Close the PO box once mail starts forwarding.
- Notify members of new Address
No new Business
George Motioned for Adjournment Steve Seconded