Board meeting Minutes/30 January 2018
2 January 2018
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
13 February 2018
Minutes approved: 27 March 2018
- Andy Cowell (VP), Brian Globerman (Treasurer), Scott Suehle, Steve VanDevender, Drew Adams
Meeting opened at 9:14 p.m. Easter.
- 1 Consent Agenda
- 2 Standing Reports
- 3 Committee reports
- 4 New Business
- 5 Adjournment
Motion to approve Jan 2 minutes by Andy, seconded by Brian. Motion approved.
Treasurer's report (Globerman)
- Work with GuideStar to update LOPSA's 501(c)(3) designation in web page listing
- Begin working on IRS Form 990-EZ for tax year 2017 to ensure submission by filing deadline
- Contact Zoom to increase cloud recording space
Membership report (VanDevender)
- Total active members: 654 (previous report: 656, change: -2, pending renewal: 19)
- Paying: 333 (4 new in last 30 days)
- Non-paying: 321 (10 new in last 30 days)
Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.
Conferences/Events/Chapters activities (Adams)
Drew has received the packed from George for SCALE. Brian will attend SCALE as well.
Marketing/Communications (Tsalolikhin, Uphill)
Larry has departed as community manager.
Mohammed Sadat Abdulai offer discussed, no objections noted to reaching out to him.
Technical Services (White)
Education, Training and Mentorship (Cowell)
Andy noted no progress since Jan. 2, expects to resume effort after Feb 11th.
Leadership Committee (Beech)
Warner has resigned, with Trev taking his place and requesting access to membership to research possible candidates. Steve will look to give Trev the same access Warner had.
Locals/Chapters Committee (Adams)
- Brian: Upgrading Zoom from free to Pro: no discount for non-profits, but we can pay annual for $150 instead of $15/mo. No objections expressed.
- Brian: LastPass licensing. No objections expressed to letting Ski keep his account due to his longstanding relationship with the Board.
- Brian: GuideStar still shows our 501(c)(3) status as revoked. Brian contacted their support, and they said they get that information directly from the IRS. Brian will reach out to IRS and see what he can find out.
Scott motioned for Adjournment Andy seconded
Closed at 9:30 PM Eastern.