<?xml version="1.0"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en">
	<id>https://governance.lopsa.org/index.php?action=history&amp;feed=atom&amp;title=Board_meeting_Minutes%2F26_September_2005</id>
	<title>Board meeting Minutes/26 September 2005 - Revision history</title>
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://governance.lopsa.org/index.php?action=history&amp;feed=atom&amp;title=Board_meeting_Minutes%2F26_September_2005"/>
	<link rel="alternate" type="text/html" href="https://governance.lopsa.org/index.php?title=Board_meeting_Minutes/26_September_2005&amp;action=history"/>
	<updated>2026-11-05T13:35:53Z</updated>
	<subtitle>Revision history for this page on the wiki</subtitle>
	<generator>MediaWiki 1.35.10</generator>
	<entry>
		<id>https://governance.lopsa.org/index.php?title=Board_meeting_Minutes/26_September_2005&amp;diff=2524&amp;oldid=prev</id>
		<title>Tom at 23:13, 17 January 2006</title>
		<link rel="alternate" type="text/html" href="https://governance.lopsa.org/index.php?title=Board_meeting_Minutes/26_September_2005&amp;diff=2524&amp;oldid=prev"/>
		<updated>2006-01-17T23:13:19Z</updated>

		<summary type="html">&lt;p&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;table class=&quot;diff diff-contentalign-left diff-editfont-monospace&quot; data-mw=&quot;interface&quot;&gt;
				&lt;col class=&quot;diff-marker&quot; /&gt;
				&lt;col class=&quot;diff-content&quot; /&gt;
				&lt;col class=&quot;diff-marker&quot; /&gt;
				&lt;col class=&quot;diff-content&quot; /&gt;
				&lt;tr class=&quot;diff-title&quot; lang=&quot;en&quot;&gt;
				&lt;td colspan=&quot;2&quot; style=&quot;background-color: #fff; color: #202122; text-align: center;&quot;&gt;← Older revision&lt;/td&gt;
				&lt;td colspan=&quot;2&quot; style=&quot;background-color: #fff; color: #202122; text-align: center;&quot;&gt;Revision as of 23:13, 17 January 2006&lt;/td&gt;
				&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td colspan=&quot;2&quot; class=&quot;diff-lineno&quot; id=&quot;mw-diff-left-l1&quot; &gt;Line 1:&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;td colspan=&quot;2&quot; class=&quot;diff-lineno&quot;&gt;Line 1:&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td class=&#039;diff-marker&#039;&gt;−&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td style=&quot;color: #202122; font-size: 88%; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px 1px 1px 4px; border-radius: 0.33em; border-color: #ffe49c; vertical-align: top; white-space: pre-wrap;&quot;&gt;&lt;div&gt;{{SAGE &lt;del class=&quot;diffchange diffchange-inline&quot;&gt;maybe &lt;/del&gt;historical}}&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td class=&#039;diff-marker&#039;&gt;+&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td style=&quot;color: #202122; font-size: 88%; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px 1px 1px 4px; border-radius: 0.33em; border-color: #a3d3ff; vertical-align: top; white-space: pre-wrap;&quot;&gt;&lt;div&gt;{{SAGE historical}}&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td class=&#039;diff-marker&#039;&gt; &lt;/td&gt;&lt;td style=&quot;background-color: #f8f9fa; color: #202122; font-size: 88%; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px 1px 1px 4px; border-radius: 0.33em; border-color: #eaecf0; vertical-align: top; white-space: pre-wrap;&quot;&gt;&lt;div&gt;{{minutes box|before=19 September 2005|after=3 October 2005}}  &lt;/div&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td class=&#039;diff-marker&#039;&gt; &lt;/td&gt;&lt;td style=&quot;background-color: #f8f9fa; color: #202122; font-size: 88%; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px 1px 1px 4px; border-radius: 0.33em; border-color: #eaecf0; vertical-align: top; white-space: pre-wrap;&quot;&gt;&lt;div&gt;{{minutes box|before=19 September 2005|after=3 October 2005}}  &lt;/div&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td class=&#039;diff-marker&#039;&gt; &lt;/td&gt;&lt;td style=&quot;background-color: #f8f9fa; color: #202122; font-size: 88%; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px 1px 1px 4px; border-radius: 0.33em; border-color: #eaecf0; vertical-align: top; white-space: pre-wrap;&quot;&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td class=&#039;diff-marker&#039;&gt; &lt;/td&gt;&lt;td style=&quot;background-color: #f8f9fa; color: #202122; font-size: 88%; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px 1px 1px 4px; border-radius: 0.33em; border-color: #eaecf0; vertical-align: top; white-space: pre-wrap;&quot;&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;/table&gt;</summary>
		<author><name>Tom</name></author>
	</entry>
	<entry>
		<id>https://governance.lopsa.org/index.php?title=Board_meeting_Minutes/26_September_2005&amp;diff=2458&amp;oldid=prev</id>
		<title>TreyBot: flagging page with &#039;SAGE&#039;</title>
		<link rel="alternate" type="text/html" href="https://governance.lopsa.org/index.php?title=Board_meeting_Minutes/26_September_2005&amp;diff=2458&amp;oldid=prev"/>
		<updated>2006-01-16T08:37:19Z</updated>

		<summary type="html">&lt;p&gt;flagging page with &amp;#039;SAGE&amp;#039;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;table class=&quot;diff diff-contentalign-left diff-editfont-monospace&quot; data-mw=&quot;interface&quot;&gt;
				&lt;col class=&quot;diff-marker&quot; /&gt;
				&lt;col class=&quot;diff-content&quot; /&gt;
				&lt;col class=&quot;diff-marker&quot; /&gt;
				&lt;col class=&quot;diff-content&quot; /&gt;
				&lt;tr class=&quot;diff-title&quot; lang=&quot;en&quot;&gt;
				&lt;td colspan=&quot;2&quot; style=&quot;background-color: #fff; color: #202122; text-align: center;&quot;&gt;← Older revision&lt;/td&gt;
				&lt;td colspan=&quot;2&quot; style=&quot;background-color: #fff; color: #202122; text-align: center;&quot;&gt;Revision as of 08:37, 16 January 2006&lt;/td&gt;
				&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td colspan=&quot;2&quot; class=&quot;diff-lineno&quot; id=&quot;mw-diff-left-l1&quot; &gt;Line 1:&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;td colspan=&quot;2&quot; class=&quot;diff-lineno&quot;&gt;Line 1:&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td colspan=&quot;2&quot;&gt; &lt;/td&gt;&lt;td class=&#039;diff-marker&#039;&gt;+&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td style=&quot;color: #202122; font-size: 88%; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px 1px 1px 4px; border-radius: 0.33em; border-color: #a3d3ff; vertical-align: top; white-space: pre-wrap;&quot;&gt;&lt;div&gt;&lt;ins style=&quot;font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none;&quot;&gt;{{SAGE maybe historical}}&lt;/ins&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td class=&#039;diff-marker&#039;&gt; &lt;/td&gt;&lt;td style=&quot;background-color: #f8f9fa; color: #202122; font-size: 88%; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px 1px 1px 4px; border-radius: 0.33em; border-color: #eaecf0; vertical-align: top; white-space: pre-wrap;&quot;&gt;&lt;div&gt;{{minutes box|before=19 September 2005|after=3 October 2005}}  &lt;/div&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td class=&#039;diff-marker&#039;&gt; &lt;/td&gt;&lt;td style=&quot;background-color: #f8f9fa; color: #202122; font-size: 88%; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px 1px 1px 4px; border-radius: 0.33em; border-color: #eaecf0; vertical-align: top; white-space: pre-wrap;&quot;&gt;&lt;div&gt;{{minutes box|before=19 September 2005|after=3 October 2005}}  &lt;/div&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td class=&#039;diff-marker&#039;&gt; &lt;/td&gt;&lt;td style=&quot;background-color: #f8f9fa; color: #202122; font-size: 88%; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px 1px 1px 4px; border-radius: 0.33em; border-color: #eaecf0; vertical-align: top; white-space: pre-wrap;&quot;&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td class=&#039;diff-marker&#039;&gt; &lt;/td&gt;&lt;td style=&quot;background-color: #f8f9fa; color: #202122; font-size: 88%; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px 1px 1px 4px; border-radius: 0.33em; border-color: #eaecf0; vertical-align: top; white-space: pre-wrap;&quot;&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;/table&gt;</summary>
		<author><name>TreyBot</name></author>
	</entry>
	<entry>
		<id>https://governance.lopsa.org/index.php?title=Board_meeting_Minutes/26_September_2005&amp;diff=1771&amp;oldid=prev</id>
		<title>Trey at 22:58, 11 December 2005</title>
		<link rel="alternate" type="text/html" href="https://governance.lopsa.org/index.php?title=Board_meeting_Minutes/26_September_2005&amp;diff=1771&amp;oldid=prev"/>
		<updated>2005-12-11T22:58:09Z</updated>

		<summary type="html">&lt;p&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p&gt;&lt;b&gt;New page&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div&gt;{{minutes box|before=19 September 2005|after=3 October 2005}} &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
{{working paper}}&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
{{minutes approved|3 October 2005}}&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
{{redactions below}}&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
;Present: Tom Perrine(chair), Andrew Hume, Stephen Potter, Chris Palmer, David Parter, Geoff Halprin, Doug Hughes, Pat Wilson, Trey Harris, Sam Albrecht (note taker)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
;Opened: 8:03 PM EDT&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
;Closed: 10:34 PM EDT&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
== Consent Agenda ==&lt;br /&gt;
* &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Approve minutes of {{minutes link|19 September 2005}}&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
* &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Approve {{redacted minutes|12 September 2005}}&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
* &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Clear {{redacted minutes|29 August 2005}} of redactions related to BitPusher sponsorship (other redactions to be maintained).&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Acknowledge online vote to approve AH quote for General Liability insurance:&lt;br /&gt;
:&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;MOTION VIA EMAIL: That we accept this quote for General Liability Insurance.&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
{{blockquote}}&lt;br /&gt;
From Deb Doyle at AH: The annual premium will be $900. I have to respond, in writing, of our &lt;br /&gt;
acceptance of this quote, but before doing so, wanted to get approval from you. This quote is &lt;br /&gt;
valid for 30 days from 9/20/05.&lt;br /&gt;
{{end blockquote}}&lt;br /&gt;
:&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Moved Halprin. Passed (Halprin, Harris, Hughes, Hume, Parter,  Potter, Wilson).&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
== Action Items ==&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
*Board:&lt;br /&gt;
** Review and comment on draft travel and reimbursement policy&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039; - moved to agenda, below&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
*Halprin:&lt;br /&gt;
** Help Harris with membership policy&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
*Harris&lt;br /&gt;
** Draft a membership policy. - &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;moved to agenda below&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
*Hume:&lt;br /&gt;
** Work with Albrecht to create an annual budget.   - &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;done&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
*Palmer:&lt;br /&gt;
** Finalize potential sponsor letter.&amp;#039;&amp;#039; - &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Draft on wiki, will revise, request comments from all by Sunday 10/2&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
** Draft communication statement on the Usenix/SAGE split &amp;amp; agreement - &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Will write first draft for comments on wiki.&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
*Parter:&lt;br /&gt;
** Look into pricing of having mission statement on back of business cards (Deepa is getting pricing). &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;No pricing received from Deepa yet. Created business card info wiki page to capture details for cards&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
*Potter:&lt;br /&gt;
**work with the Leadership Commiittee on the Code of Ethics review - &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Mail sent to ggr on 9/25/2005&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
**will document the procedure for future efforts with the Leadership Committee&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
*Albrecht:&lt;br /&gt;
** Work with Harris and Palmer to take brochure to the next stage.&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;- expected to go to creative services by 9/30&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039; &lt;br /&gt;
** Send out July and August expenses with the new accounting codes.&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;- will go out by 9/30&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
** Look into any licensing needed to sell items in CA at LISA&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;- information provided by others on wiki, Sam will gather paperwork for AH to process&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
** Look into merchant account issue, and a possible back up plan&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;- will provide info by 10/3&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
== Travel &amp;amp; reimbursement policy ==&lt;br /&gt;
Discuss decision points and approve travel and reimbursement policy&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
(&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Completed about half of decision points, tabled further discussion to 10/3 meeting&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Palmer leaves at 9:05.&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
==Budget==&lt;br /&gt;
Brief review of 2005 and 2006 budgets; excuse the excel.&lt;br /&gt;
one sentence overview: athough not complete, the sense is that &amp;#039;&amp;#039;[we&amp;#039;ll have a significant debt in 2005 but things will improve in 2006.] {28 Words redacted: details have been changing almost daily; I don&amp;#039;t want any specifics until things firm up. Andrew Hume}&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&amp;#039;&amp;#039;{Spreadsheet redacted; business sensitivity}&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
==SAGECom proposal==&lt;br /&gt;
We need to discuss this briefly; i need to know if the board needs any help grokking the proposal, or spleen venting, or other. the timeline is still comments by friday morning 9am eastern.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
=== Award ===&lt;br /&gt;
(added by doug)&lt;br /&gt;
* discussion of how to broach the award $$$ since it will be award prior to Dec 15 and all money for award has come from Usenix in the past. (and SAGE has no money)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;consensus is that the awards are important, and that a few hundred dollars will not make a significant difference in the current budget deficit&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
==Nov 18 issues==&lt;br /&gt;
We will do a quick review of the Nov 18 2004 deliverables and consider our options.&lt;br /&gt;
Please do a quick review of the wiki page &amp;quot;Nov 18 Facts&amp;quot;.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Hume has been speaking with Jones, Perrine has been trying to contact Jones via phone since 9/21 with no luck.&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
== Adjournment ==&lt;br /&gt;
* &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Motion by Wilson to adjourn, second by Hume. Meeting adjourned at 10:34 pm Eastern&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;/div&gt;</summary>
		<author><name>Trey</name></author>
	</entry>
</feed>