<?xml version="1.0"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en">
	<id>https://governance.lopsa.org/index.php?action=history&amp;feed=atom&amp;title=Board_meeting_Minutes%2F30_October_2006</id>
	<title>Board meeting Minutes/30 October 2006 - Revision history</title>
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://governance.lopsa.org/index.php?action=history&amp;feed=atom&amp;title=Board_meeting_Minutes%2F30_October_2006"/>
	<link rel="alternate" type="text/html" href="https://governance.lopsa.org/index.php?title=Board_meeting_Minutes/30_October_2006&amp;action=history"/>
	<updated>2026-11-08T04:05:22Z</updated>
	<subtitle>Revision history for this page on the wiki</subtitle>
	<generator>MediaWiki 1.35.10</generator>
	<entry>
		<id>https://governance.lopsa.org/index.php?title=Board_meeting_Minutes/30_October_2006&amp;diff=2633&amp;oldid=prev</id>
		<title>Pat at 00:12, 18 November 2006</title>
		<link rel="alternate" type="text/html" href="https://governance.lopsa.org/index.php?title=Board_meeting_Minutes/30_October_2006&amp;diff=2633&amp;oldid=prev"/>
		<updated>2006-11-18T00:12:40Z</updated>

		<summary type="html">&lt;p&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p&gt;&lt;b&gt;New page&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div&gt;{{minutes box|before=23 October 2006|after=8 November 2006}} &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
{{working paper}}&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
{{minutes approved|8 November 2006}}&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
;Present: Tom Perrine (chair), Matthew Barr, Trey Harris, Doug Hughes (note taker), Andrew Hume, David Parter, Stephen Potter &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
;Apologies: Pat Wilson &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
;Opened:  8:10 PM &amp;lt;b&amp;gt;Eastern Time&amp;lt;/b&amp;gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
;Closed: 9:32 PM &amp;lt;b&amp;gt;Eastern Time&amp;lt;/b&amp;gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
== Consent Agenda ==&lt;br /&gt;
* &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Approve minutes of {{minutes link|23 October 2006}}&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
== Action Items ==&lt;br /&gt;
=== Board Committees ===&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)&lt;br /&gt;
** Palmer - Contact local office of possible partner [due 10/16] &lt;br /&gt;
** Barr - Connect with Chapman regaring TechReach International and come back to board with proposal(s) for cooperation&lt;br /&gt;
** Wilson - Ping Chapman regarding Barr&amp;#039;s email - &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;DONE&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Leadership Committee (Greg Rose) &lt;br /&gt;
** Perrine - Contact Rose and convey Board&amp;#039;s thoughts on the election  - &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Rose in Australia&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Policy Committee (Harris)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Communications Committee&lt;br /&gt;
** Palmer - Discuss possible member survey methodologies with Chavez - &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Absent&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
** Potter - Select current sponsor to use regarding possible ad mockup. - &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;In Progres&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Membership Committee&lt;br /&gt;
** Hume - Correct and update Memo to Members notification of Annual Membership Meeting, and resend to members - &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Need to get ahold of Palmer&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
** Hughes - Work on membership renewal system - &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039; To be have something by 11/8&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
** Hughes - send out monthly non-paid-member note- &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;DONE&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
=== Program Committees ===&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)&lt;br /&gt;
** Phoenix Sysadmin Days&lt;br /&gt;
*** Hughes: Generate a list of Phoenix-area names for Perrine to contact directly - &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;DONE&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
*** Albrecht: Generate detailed cost-breakdown/projection numbers [due 10/26] - &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Done&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
*** Perrine: Post text of mailing list message (intro to event) to the wiki - &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Sent to board, not to wiki. fixed soon &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
*** Albrecht: Talk to CEO of AZTech Council - &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;CEO did not return phone calls&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Discussion about whether to hold SysadminDays 2006 or not for 40 minutes. Various concerns were raised about low attendance numbers and the future of the organization. The sense of the board was that we felt it important to honor our committments to sponsors, attendees and speakers regardless of the additional expense. It&amp;#039;s important to the organization to attempt to have a successful training event, even if we don&amp;#039;t get the number of attendees desired or meet our monetary goals. We will have many lessons learned regarding scope, cost, location, marketing, and local involvement which we can use to make the next event a success.&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
:Potter: &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Motion to hold SysadminDays 2006 in Phoenix as planned&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
:Hume: Second&lt;br /&gt;
:Motion passes 7:0&lt;br /&gt;
:(not voting by absense: Palmer, Wilson)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
*** Wilson: Attempt to find local .edu contacts - &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Perinne took. Got a few hits &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)&lt;br /&gt;
** Parter - Mailing lists/online forum - &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;no progress&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Locals Committee (Parter)&lt;br /&gt;
** Parter, Albrecht - Work on a process for periodic contacts with chapters - &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Albrecht to take on this action going forward&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
=== Non-Committee ===&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Financial&lt;br /&gt;
** Hume - Prepare statement about AH payment [due 6/26]  - &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;will be ready next week. Will send email to board after tomorrow in preparation for next week&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
** Hume - prepare annual financial report [due 6/26] - &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;ditto&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Albrecht: &lt;br /&gt;
** Touch base with IRS [due 10/16] - &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Waiting for NJ state&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
** Query insurance company regarding possible member insurance options [due 11/13] - &amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Health insurance currently not feasible at our current size, but some sort of practitioners insurance may be. Still investigating.&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Barr:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Harris: &lt;br /&gt;
** Set up wiki for Resume Standards project &lt;br /&gt;
** Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority) &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Hughes:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Hume:&lt;br /&gt;
** Chat with the SNIA Chief Scientist regarding possible partnering [due 10/30] &lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
* Palmer:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Parter: &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Perrine:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Potter:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Wilson:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* All:&lt;br /&gt;
** Consider locations for Q1 2007 Sysadmin Days &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
== Standing Reports ==&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Treasurer&amp;#039;s report &amp;#039;&amp;#039;(first meeting of the month only)&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Membership report&lt;br /&gt;
** See the online report for this week&amp;#039;s status&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Online report&lt;br /&gt;
&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039; Hughes reports on status of spam reduction, captcha, and momentum on Tools&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Training event report &lt;br /&gt;
**see the web site&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
* Development report&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
== Sysadmin Days 2007 ==&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&amp;#039;&amp;#039;from 23 October meeting&amp;#039;&amp;#039; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Where?  When?&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Deferred until after Nov 8&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
== LOPSA Participation in Data Protection Summit ==&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
See DPS Conference Proposal&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Yes, we want to do this&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039; (sense of board)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
== Using Job Target for Jobs board ==&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
see email about Jobs Board&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Potter to take on more evaluation as part of Development committee&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
== SysAdmin Magazine, CMP and LOPSA ==&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&amp;lt;pre&amp;gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&amp;gt; Amy Rich&amp;#039;s Questions and&lt;br /&gt;
&amp;gt; Answers column is our most popular column in the magazine, and I was thinking&lt;br /&gt;
&amp;gt; that it would be nice to be able to answer additional questions submitted by&lt;br /&gt;
&amp;gt; readers via our new website. We could post some of the answers on the site, and&lt;br /&gt;
&amp;gt; send some of them via the e-newsletter, too. This could also be a good area for&lt;br /&gt;
&amp;gt; a chat room of some sort on the new site.&lt;br /&gt;
&amp;gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&amp;gt; Would members of LOPSA be interested in answering some of the reader-submitted&lt;br /&gt;
&amp;gt; questions for the newsletter/site?&lt;br /&gt;
&amp;gt; Please let me know if you have some suggestions or feedback for this idea. We&amp;#039;d&lt;br /&gt;
&amp;gt; like to get it started soon.&lt;br /&gt;
&amp;lt;/pre&amp;gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Hughes and Barr volunteer to be additional answer people. We want branded content that sends people our way. Perinne to follow up with SA mag by Nov 3 for board meeting next week.&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
== Adjournment ==&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039;Motion to Adjourn: Barr 9:35, Second Hughes.&amp;#039;&amp;#039;&amp;#039; Motion passes&lt;/div&gt;</summary>
		<author><name>Pat</name></author>
	</entry>
</feed>