Board meeting Minutes/11 September 2006
28 August 2006
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:|
18 September 2006
Minutes approved: 18 September 2006
- Tom Perrine (chair), Matthew Barr, Doug Hughes, Chris Palmer, Stephen Potter, Pat Wilson (note taker), Sam Albrecht
- Trey Harris
- 20:05 Eastern Time
- 20:07 Eastern Time
- Approve minutes of 21 August 2006 from 20 August meeting
- Approve minutes of 28 August 2006
- Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
- Albrecht - Develop sponsorship strategy and report to board - in progress
- Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
- Palmer - Contact local office of possible partner - in progress next due 10/16
- Perrine - Write Sysadmin Day thank you letter for volunteers - in progress
- Perrine, Parter, Palmer - Designate which appreciations go to which Sysadmin Day volunteers - DONE
- Leadership Committee (Greg Rose)
- Policy Committee (Harris)
- Communications Committee
- Palmer - Discuss possible member survey methodologies with Chavez - no action
- Albrecht - Select current sponsor to use regarding possible ad mockup - no action
- Palmer - ontact Albrecht to verify the Board's understanding of the trademark/DBA issue - DONE
- Membership Committee
- Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
- Wilson - Contact Parter regarding Training Event questions (primarily dates) - DONE
- Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
- Parter - Mailing lists/online forum - no report
- Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)
- Hume - Prepare statement about AH payment [due 6/26] - no report
- Hume - prepare annual financial report [due 6/26] - no report
- Touch base with IRS [due 8/28] - no action
ACTION ITEM: Albrecht to check with State of NJ regarding article changes
- Query insurance company regarding possible member insurance options [due 8/28] - in progress
ACTION ITEM: Hughes to generate a list of member consultants to directly query regarding possible offerings.
- Restart Resume Standards project - no report
- Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority) - no report
- Chat with the SNIA Chief Scientist regarding possible partnering [due 9/11] - no report
- Contact Leadership Committee regarding next (summer 2007) election [due 9/18]
- Treasurer's report (first meeting of the month only)
- Membership report
- See the report online for this week's status
ACTION ITEM: Hughes, Palmer to send out letters to non-memeber website accounts
- Online report
Hughes has been working on automating more of the jobs board, and filtering spam.
[Perrine joins at 20:31]
Albrecht has chatted with a couple of organizations which might do this professionally for us. Hughes has a volunteer who is willing to investigate the options.
- Training event report
- see the web site
No official report; progress is being made. Dates, location, prices are confirmed.
- Development report
[Perrine leaves at 20:39]
Resume standards project update
Harris unavailable; moved to next meeting
ACTION ITEM: Wilson to concretize this agenda item for next meeting
In person meeting
Too many principals missing for a decision. Will be raised again next meeting.
ACTION ITEM: Wilson to query board about (a) does it work (b) when?
LISA booth update
LOPSA will have a .org booth at LISA.
ACTION ITEM: Wilson to form a committee to plan LOPSA's LISA presence
ACTION ITEM: Barr to look into procuring a LOPSA suite at LISA
Ohio Linux Conference
The OLC is approaching. Potter requests the conference kit be shipped to him ASAP.
Albrecht will send mail to Parter regarding the re-order, and get the inventory straightened out. Albrecht will email those with orders still unfulfilled regarding the situation.
MOTION to adjourn by Barr, seconded by Hughes. Passes. Adjourned at 20:57ET.