Board meeting Minutes/14 August 2007
5 August 2007
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
28 August 2007
Minutes approved: 28 August 2007
- Trey Harris (chair), Bob Apthorpe, Matthew Barr (joined at 19:51), Philip Kizer, David Parter, Stephen Potter (note taker), Jesse Trucks, Sam Albrecht
- Derek Balling, (Chris Palmer)
- 19:06 Eastern Time with Quorum of 6 members
- 20:10 Eastern Time
- Motion to change the official name from The System Administrators Guild, Inc., a New Jersey nonprofit corporation, to The League of Professional System Administrators, Inc. All instances of "The System Administrators Guild" in the Bylaws, Articles of Incorporation, and Policies shall be amended to "The League of Professional System Administrators", except where such instance refers to another entity. All instances of the name "SAGE" in the Bylaws, Articles of Incorporation, and Policies shall be amended to the name "LOPSA", except where such instance refers to another entity.
Consent agenda passed.
- Treasurer's report (second meeting of the month only)
- all monthly reports from Sam uploaded to the board wiki - spp
- Membership report
- See memberdata report for this week's status
- 20% conversion of non-paid members would add 33% to our numbers
- Online report
- no report
- Sysadmin Days report -
- no report, to be removed next week
- Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
- no report
- Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)
- no report
Chair requests AH/Staff Report to be added going forward.
Flesh out committee assignments for the Board
Sense of board to complete assignments through email, focusing on overall load and skills
Finance committee: current Potter, Barr, explanation of purposes
Board committee versus program committees discussion
AI: Harris: Figure out state of committee policy, return with active/defunct committees
Replicating OLF, SCALE experiences (spp)
Just noticed another OLF... Ontario Linux Fest. This appears to be the first year for the new OLF, do we want to try and get involved early?
Also of note is our early conversations with YAPC seem positive.
David: Make sure we don't fall into a Linux rut
Barr joins at 7:51 Eastern
Discussion of activities for OLF and SCALE training and booths
Need to instantiate a conference committee separate from Crossbow (training)
AI: Potter: Attempt to contact OnLF to explore opportunities
Code of Ethics
- It's time to reorder. Are there any revision plans?
None for next three months at least
need new liaison to existing ethics committee; Hume was contact
AI: Sam: to check with Hans about tracking volunteers
Should Derek continue to seek out vendors for AV/AS solutions (as donations and/or sponsorships) for a potential offering of lopsa.org (or members.lopsa.org) e-mail forwarding solution?
Ok to talk to people without committing; once we determine if there is interest, we should create an RFP
MOTION to Adjourn (potter), second (Trucks). No objection. Adjourned at 8:10