Board meeting Minutes/14 Sep 2015
24 Aug 2015
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:|
28 Sep 2015
Minutes approved: 28 Sep 2015
- Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting!
- (Subject to verification) Ski Kacoroski (chair), John Boris, William Bilancio, Steve VanDevender, Paul English, Atom Powers, Thomas Uphill
- George Beech, Matt Disney,
- 9:05 PM EST Eastern Time
- 1 Consent Agenda
- 2 Action Items
- 3 Standing Reports
- 3.1 Treasurer's report (Disney)
- 3.2 Membership report (VanDevender)
- 3.3 Conference/events activities report (Bilancio)
- 3.4 Local Chapter Committee report (Bilancio)
- 3.5 Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English)
- 3.6 Liaison reports (LC, etc.)
- 4 Website... (Ski)
- 5 Committees... (Atom/Ski)
- 6 Yerkes Award... (Ski)
- 7 Next Agenda item... (NAME)
- 8 New Business
- 9 Notes/announcements
- 10 Adjournment
Actions items were reviewed by the board
Treasurer's report (Disney)
Membership report (VanDevender)
- See CiviCRM
- Previous Month:
- New: 17 (12 students)
- Renew: 3 (0 students)
- Lapsed: 16
- Month to Date:
- New: 3 (1 students)
- Renew: 1 (0 students)
- Lapsed: 8
- Total: 625 (457 paying)
Conference/events activities report (Bilancio)
LOPSA-East sent out requests for volunteers.
Paul said we have a table for SEGAL. In Washington. Paul will be present for the conference.
- BoFs for Annual Meeting (8PM Wed) and Mentorship (9PM Wed) are set
- Thomas working on reserving the Bar
- Need help with getting sponsors for the raffle (please update https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J4QNF7dCctuPQnp_SFQ3VHln7dzSrlK_3N6C-Tjpc-Q/edit#gid=0
with your contacts.
- Need to pick and order SWAG
- Need to identify Yerkes Award candidates (see below)
Local Chapter Committee report (Bilancio)
We lost the Atlanta Chapter due to lack of interest to come to any meetings. They are going to take a year off and try again.
Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English)
- I can do LOPSAgrams now. Will do next month
- Still need to do my list of things to get HootSuite moved over to new account
Liaison reports (LC, etc.)
Technical Services Report (Beech)
Had a call with Phillip, Dan, and Steve.
I think we've got a good understanding of what we need to get done. There is some infrastructure things and access that need to be worked out.
Dan volunteered to push forward on the google apps transition.
(Notes for meeting are at home, will update more fully when I can get to them)
Mentorship Report (Beech)
Nothing to report. Vacations.
Will try and get a meeting together with the Mentorship team in the next week or so.
We need to figure out the automation project and start working on Mentorship BOF things
Leadership Committee (Kacoroski)
I emailed a proposal out to everyone a few days ago. In summary the options are:
- Do nothing - ($178/mo)
- Starchapter - limited functionality ($899 setup, $100/mo + reduced cost on current hosting)
- Wild Apricot - almost all functions we have now ($130/mo + reduced cost on current hosting)
- Wild Apricot with Nicasio Designs - all functions we have now ($4500 - $6000 setup, $130/mo + reduced cost on current hosting)
- Upgrade current site ($12000 - $30000 + $178/mo)
Only options 1 - 4 can be done before LISA. I recommend option #4 as we do not have the resources to do the migration ourselves.
We need to get these nailed down. I think Atom did a good job in defining what we really need to make LOPSA run. If folks agree we can approve this structure and assign folks to them. These can then be used in LOPSA's 2016 budget. Check out:
For the Atom's proposal.
Yerkes Award... (Ski)
I checked on discuss and one possible person. In reality though there are not many questions and answers there anymore. I think a better idea is to pick someone from serverfault as they have a system to rank folks and they have many folks who have been actively helping people online. For example Edmund White has posted over 400 answers to questions on Serverfault. Perhaps we could even get Serverfault to sponsor this award.
Next Agenda item... (NAME)
First new item...
John motioned to adjourn William Seconded