Board meeting Minutes/16 July 2012
2 July 2012
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
30 July 2012
Minutes approved: 30 July 2012
- (Subject to verification) Philip Kizer (chair), Ski Kacoroski, William Bilancio, Lois Bennett, Dan Rich, Matt Disney, Nadine Miller, Jesse Trucks
- 0905pm Eastern Time
- 0955 Eastern Time
- Approve minutes of 2_July_2012
- Ski will handle customer service queue
- Treasurer's report
- Membership report
- 825 members (down 22 since last meeting)
- 92 lapsed members in Q2, 8 so far in July, 182 YTD (student member who becomes individual will show as lapsed and new member)
- 214 new members ytd, but only 24 renewals (Dan still needs to verify these numbers to make sure we don't have duplicate memberships from PICC and Cascadia)
- Technical services report
- New server setup is being worked on
- Conference/events activities report
- Cascadia & PICC starting to ramp up.
- Ski and William will check into a table the USENIX Security conference in Bellevue
- Mentorship Status report
- Planning for LISA announcements
- Still working ok, would like to see it grow more.
- Upcoming LOPSAgram and #lopsa-live (last meeting of the month only)
- Will be going on this week
- Add lots of stuff for sysadmin days
- Liaison reports (LC, etc.)
- Tom and Dan talked last week, Tom will be calling the exiting board members to perform an exit interview and providing anonymized input back to the board
- Tom has sent Dan his notes from the LC election post-mortem, more once Dan has a chance to review them
I am getting no new folks to vote so our new tagline is:
We make systems work...
I would like to announce this along with the other System Admin week festivities. What do you think?
- As no one was really excited about the taglines, the board decided to not do anything until the face to face meeting.
Executive Session (Rich)
F2F Planning (Rich)
There have been very few updates to the F2F planning page, we really need to start planning this meeting in advance of the day.
- Need to set some goals, update the meeting page
Sys Admin Appreciation Day (Disney)
- Sys Admin Day landing page on website?
- Email announcement next Monday
- Dell KACE cooperation: Blog, Twitter, FB. Also in email?
- Gift memberships?
- Notification to chapters about matching funds ($100)?
Next Agenda item... (NAME)
First new item...
Motion to adjourn by Ski, seconded by William.