Board meeting Minutes/19 September 2017
5 September 2017
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:|
30 September 2017
Minutes approved: 30 September 2017
- NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
- (Subject to verification) Paul English, Steve VanDevender, George Beech (chair),Ski Kacoroski, Atom Powers, Brian Globerman, Scott Suehle
- Ray Frush, Thomas Uphill
- Drew Adams (new Board member), Aleksey Tsalolikhin (new Board member), Andy Cowell,
Treasurer's report (Brian)
- Total (PayPal and Bank of America): $34,264.70 +/- from last report (09/4/2017): -$1888.49
- Reflects IRS 501(c)(3) reinstatement fee of $850 and Durham hotel charge of ~$1400.
Anticipated Charges and Expenses:
- $1400 for accounting services to file 990 forms for 2013-2016
- Face to Face (estimated based on last year's cost): attendee reimbursements
- Completed IRS Form 1023 and supporting documents sent to IRS on 9/2/2017 and receipt confirmed. Will take 2-4 months for reinstatement if approved (likely)
- Completed LOPSA 2016, 2015, 2014, 2014 income tax Form 990-EZ, and sent to IRS by CPA, with receipt confirmed
- Total cost of 501(c)(3) reinstatement: about $3650. Need to take steps to prevent this from happening again
- Get up to date with filings for New Jersey Department of Revenue. Our registration is current but I don't think we have filed required forms for sales tax and income tax for many years. George: This might require a CPA that is familiar with NJ tax law, but let's wait until we get our non-profit status reinstated first.
- Took over domain name registration from Lee Damon for casitconf.org, as requested.
- Lee Damon wants someone to take over sasag.org and sasag.net. Would it be appropriate for LOPSA to take over these domains as well?
Membership report (VanDevender)
- Total active members: 651 (previous report: 653, change: -2, pending renewal: 16)
- Paying: 343 (2 new in last 30 days)
- Non-paying: 308 (7 new in last 30 days)
Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.
Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Powers)
LOPSA Cascadia 2018: (Vandevender,Kacoroski,Uphill,Globermann,English,Powers)
- Venue - Aleksey found broker/agency to submit RFP to hotels for us. Awesome! Expect some answers in a few days.
LISA 2017 (Vandevender,Beech)
Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English, Uphill)
- Please help provide content for the next LOPSAgram
- Please blog on your LOPSA Blog
- Prep for F2F: Please add your ideas to https://board.lopsa.org/Marketing
Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)
Mentorship Report (Beech)
Recognition (Uphill, Disney)
Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)
Locals/Chapters Committee (Suehle)
On Hold Committees
Face To Face 2017 (George)
The next meeting is our Yearly Face to face meeting.
Scott Suehle Motioned for Adjournment Brian Globerman Seconded