Board meeting Minutes/1 Nov 2016
18 Oct 2016
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:|
15 Nov 2016
- NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
- Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting!
- (Subject to verification) Steve VanDevender, John Boris, Ski Kacoroski, Paul English (chair), Brian Globerman, Thomas Uphill, Scott Suehle
- Atom Powers, George Beech
- 21:02 Eastern Time
- 21:29 Eastern Time
- 1 Consent Agenda
- 2 Action Items
- 3 Standing Reports
- 4 Committee reports
- 4.1 Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Powers)
- 4.2 Education (on hold)
- 4.3 Speakers Bureau (on hold)
- 4.4 Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English, Uphill)
- 4.5 Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)
- 4.6 Mentorship Report (Boris, Beech)
- 4.7 Recognition (Uphill, Disney)
- 4.8 Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)
- 5 Next Agenda item... (NAME)
- 6 New Business
- 7 Notes/announcements
- 8 Adjournment
See RT Board Queue
Treasurer's report (Brian, Kacoroski)
- BoA Account: $38,713.71 (excludes $2500 total payments to USENIX)
- PayPal Account: $9.027.65
- TDBank: Credentials in LastPass no longer work -- did someone change this since 9/6/2016? (assume still around $2,008.33)
- Total: $49,749.69 +/- from last report (10/18/2016) = +$1130.60
Status and Questions:
- Status: Create new Bank of America account: Minutes approved, will go to B of A branch Wed 11/2/2016 to open new account
- Status: Credit card: Will request credit card when opening new B of A
- Status: TD Bank account needs to be closed and funds transferred to B of A account: Ski will coordinate with account owner when in Boston for LISA
- Question: Are funds transferred automatically from PayPal to bank or should I initiate these periodically? If so, how much should always remain in PayPal to cover automatic payments? A: (Ski): pretty sure we don't have payments going out of Paypal, pretty sure we need to initiate transfers manually, periodically.
Membership report (VanDevender)
- Total active members: 668 (previous report: 705, change: -37)
- Paying: 408 (7 new in last 30 days)
- Non-paying: 260 (9 new in last 30 days)
Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.
Trying to figure out what caused the large drop in paying memberships. It has been just over one year since we migrated to Wild Apricot so this may be a result of some automatic expiration. There are a lot of pending renewals that appear to correspond to signups at LISA15, which are now within the two-week renewal reminder period.
Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Powers)
LOPSA Cascadia 2017: March 10,11. Contract cutoff:(?) (Kacoroski,Uphill,Globermann,English,Powers)
- Looking for a keynote speaker and theme
- I have a few vendors that I will sponsor it
- Cutoff date is 90 days from 10/4/16 or 1/2/2017. I feel we need to decide by 12/13 meeting if this is a go or not.
- Focused more on LISA now, figure next week will really work on Cascadia.
LOPSA East 2017 (Boris)
Mike and Joe are waiting to get the contract from the School Administration. We will have to pay for the Janitor and cleaning. I will be posting a date for the kickoff meeting by next week.
Lisa'16 (Kacoroski, Uphill)
- Already have 3 items for the raffle, coming along nicely
- John - challenge coins are expensive for the metal ones - ~$5 each, $3-4 for plastic which "look cheap" in the photos. Trying to get some samples. Alternately pursuing pin which may be more cost effective and useful.
Redactions below were approved by the Board.
- Ben Yeransian sent me this for our arrangement with Cambridge for LISA.
- LOPSA page - this one will advertise your organization. If you have any ideas of what you want on that page, let me know. I'm not a good drawer, but I've been making some really rough sketches and our designer can translate that into an actual coloring book page nicely. You and/or your LOPSA team are welcome to do that. But, it could also be as simple as the LOPSA logo, with some info about your org below it. It would be cool to have a LOPSA member's Device42 testimonial on that page, maybe with a picture of the person. Any interest?
- Promo Explanation Page - will describe the promotion (how to get the full asset discovery free trial, how to get the first 2 months subscription fee donated to LOPSA). This will have the unique download link so we can track who downloads the trial.
- I need suggestions for our coloring book page. Also George would you like to say something about Device42?
- I have to send them our LOGO
Education (on hold)
Speakers Bureau (on hold)
Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English, Uphill)
- As always, we can use content for LOPSAgram
- Anything you can do to promote Cacadia - see the spreadsheet.
Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)
- board.lopsa.org on new version, new site
Mentorship Report (Boris, Beech)
- Craig & George were going to talk - we'll need George for an update.
Recognition (Uphill, Disney)
Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)
- Should have something in 4 weeks.
Next Agenda item... (NAME)
First new item...
John Boris Motioned for Adjournment Brian Globerman Seconded