Board meeting Minutes/20 Sep 2016
6 Sep 2016
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:|
4 Oct 2016
Minutes approved: 18 Oct 2016
- NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
- Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting! ,
- (Subject to verification) George Beech (chair),John Boris, Steve VanDevender, Atom Powers,Ski Kacoroski
- Scott Suehle,Brian Globerman, Thomas Uphill,Paul English,
- 1 Consent Agenda
- 2 Action Items
- 3 Standing Reports
- 4 Committee reports
- 4.1 Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Powers)
- 4.2 Education (Kacoroski, Boris)
- 4.3 Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English, Uphill)
- 4.4 Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)
- 4.5 Mentorship Report (Boris, Beech)
- 4.6 Recognition (Uphill, Disney)
- 4.7 Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)
- 5 Next Agenda item... (NAME)
- 6 New Business
- 7 Notes/announcements
- 8 Adjournment
- Approve minutes of 6 Sep 2016 - not approved yet, unsure if they were fully complete.
See RT Board Queue
Treasurer's report (Disney, Kacoroski)
Membership report (VanDevender)
- Total active members: 700 (previous report: 704, change: -4)
- Paying: 446 (5 new in last 30 days)
- Non-paying: 254 (4 new in last 30 days)
Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.
- (Boris) T-Shirt offer for members. Where is the field for them to check off their size?
Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Powers)
Lisa'16 (Kacoroski, Uphill)
LOPSA Cascadia 2017
CFP is out and Registration is open.
- Price for Saturday Talks Only has dropped (Risk of a few $hundred)
- Participants will not be charged admission (Risk of a few $thousand)
- Catering will be reduced, (savings of a few $thousand)
- Talk schedule needs to be adjusted
LOPSA-East 2017 (Boris)
I am waiting to hear back from Joe Youn and Mike Stoppay to see if we can get June 9-10 or June 16-17
LOPSA-NJ is seeking a speaker for their October Meeting which might be held at Montclair University.
Education (Kacoroski, Boris)
Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English, Uphill)
Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)
Everyone, Please log into the new ticketing system, and make sure you have access.
Mentorship Report (Boris, Beech)
Reboot in full swing. We may be able to integrate it directly with WildApricot which would be awesome.
We want to open up the mentorship list to everyone so they can self post and self service until the reboot is done.
We are thinking about removing the requirement for mentees to be members temporarily - thoghts?
Recognition (Uphill, Disney)
Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)
Next Agenda item... (NAME)
Tech Jobs Academy Discounts
I propose that we extend the tech jobs academy students a free membership - they are all very interested in the program and trying to start a new career in the IT field.
Additionally, I propose that we extend the staff a 10-20% discount to try and entice them into LOPSA, and hopefully help us out and contribute to the mentorship program.
Atom: we should give teachers 50% off
George: we should use discount code, even though they are students and get free membership, to track how many sign up through this specifically.
all in favor
LISA16 Expo registration
We still need to officially sign up for our LISA16 Expo table.
First new item...
John Boris Motioned for Adjournment Ski Kacoroski Seconded