Board meeting Minutes/24 July 2006
17 July 2006
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
31 July 2006
Minutes approved: 31 July 2006
- Tom Perrine (chair), Trey Harris, Doug Hughes, Chris Palmer, Stephen Potter, Pat Wilson (note taker), Sam Albrecht
- 20:04 Eastern Time
- 20:35 Eastern Time
- Approve minutes of 17 July 2006
Consent agenda passed.
- Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
- Albrecht - Provide list of materials for development kit. STATUS - Final edits being done. Will send samples to Wilson/Potter this week for their input.
- Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
- outreach project - STATUS - design done, filling in specific pages, should launch Tue 7/25 or Wed 7/26
- Potter - Nag Palmer regarding contacting local office of possible partner [due 7/19] - DONE
- Palmer - Contact local office of possible partner - not done
- Leadership Committee (Greg Rose)
- Policy Committee (Harris)
- Communications Committee
- Parter - Contact the 500th member for comments for a "member profile" [due 7/24] - no report
- Membership Committee
- Draft a proposal for an Institutional Membership, which Executive Director will then be given discretion to use. [due 7/24] - in progress
- Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
- Wilson - Contact Cat Allman regarding availability of .org booth space and possible collaboration opportunities at LISA '06 - DONE
- Wilson - Create a LISA 2006 wiki page - DONE
- Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
- Parter - Mailing lists/online forum - no report
- Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)
- Hume - Prepare statement about AH payment [due 6/26] - no report
- Hume - prepare annual financial report [due 6/26] - no report
- Touch base with IRS. - in progress
- Query insurance company regarding possible member insurance options - now due 8/28
- Restart Resume Standards project — in progress
- Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority)
- Work with Usenix to pursuade them to sign a grant letter to the IRS - no report
- Chat with the SNIA Chief Scientist regarding possible partnering - no report
- Contact Leadership Committee regarding next (summer 2007) election - not done now due [8/7]
- Treasurer's report (first meeting of the month only)
- Membership report
- See the online report for this week's status
- Online report
- there was a DNS problem on 7/24 that caused the website to be unavailable for a time.
- the Splunk Sysadmin of the Year site is live.
- Training event report
- see Planning Committee wiki page
- Development report
Order fufillment and shipping issues
- Shirt Order - Questions have been raised about the shirt order. Email sent to Board with more information. Discussion?
- Late arrival of "conference kit" for UCSD Campus LISA: such shipments should be planned to arrive a week before the event date in the future.
Albrecht will ensure that the distribution problems are fixed. An inventory will be taken and placed on the website. Albrecht will recover the conference kit from Palmer when he's in Boston; conference kit next goes to Ohio Linux conference (9/30/2006).
The #lopsa-live chat is 2-3:30 ET on Thursday the 27th.
MOTION to adjourn by Wilson, seconded by Palmer. Passes; adjourned at 20:35 ET