Board meeting Minutes/24 October 2017
10 October 2017
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:|
7 November 2017
Minutes approved: 7 November 2017
- Scott Suehle, Steve VanDevender, Andy Cowell, Aleksey Tsalolikhin, Drew Adams, Brian Globerman
- Danielle White, George Beech, Thomas Uphill
- 9:05 PM Eastern Time
- 10:19 PM Eastern Time
This was a regular meeting of the Board. We had a quorum with 5 members present. VP Andy Cowell chaired the meeting.
- 1 Consent Agenda
- 2 Standing Reports
- 3 Committee reports
- 3.1 Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Powers)
- 3.2 Marketing/Communications (Tsalolikhin, English, Uphill)
- 3.3 Technical Services Report (Danielle White)
- 3.4 Education, Training and Mentorship Report (Andy Cowell)
- 3.5 Recognition (Beech)
- 3.6 Leadership Committee (Warner, Beech)
- 3.7 Locals/Chapters Committee (Drew Adams)
- 4 New Business
- 5 Notes/announcements
- 6 Adjournment
- Approve minutes of 10 October 2017. The minutes were approved (Scott motioned, Andy seconded, unanimous approval).
Treasurer's report (Brian)
- Total (PayPal and Bank of America): $29,247.06 +/- from last report (09/30/2017): -$5,260.64
- Change reflects costs associated with F2F Board meeting 9/30 - 10/1
Reinstatement of 501(c)(3) status: Still waiting for notification from IRS for documents filed 9/2/2017 (2-4 month turnaround)
Membership report (VanDevender)
- Total active members: 657 (previous report: 660, change: -3, pending renewal: 10)
- Paying: 345 (14 new in last 30 days)
- Non-paying: 312 (12 new in last 30 days)
Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.
A member said they would let their membership lapse due to ill treatment on IRC channel when asking beginner questions.
Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Powers)
LOPSA Cascadia 2018: (Vandevender, Globerman)
- Steve will draft a communication to members announcing cancellation of Cas IT Conf 2018, and re encouraging LOPSA members to speak at conferences
LISA 2017 (Vandevender)
- We need to set up a registration discount (traditionally $35 on-site, $40 on-line). Paul or Ski should know how to do that.
- Steve will get LOPSA t-shirts to LISA speakers who are LOPSA members.
Marketing/Communications (Tsalolikhin, English, Uphill)
- Paul is going to put out the next LOPSAgram as Aleksey has not on-boarded the newly hired Community Manager yet (but will do so in November)
Technical Services Report (Danielle White)
- Skipping as Danielle is absent
Education, Training and Mentorship Report (Andy Cowell)
- Andy has access to the git repo, to the Google Sheets, but he lacks membership in the LMPT mailing list
- Andy is reviewing options for outsourcing
- We discussed other options
- Skipping as George is absent
Leadership Committee (Warner, Beech)
- Skipping as George is absent
Locals/Chapters Committee (Drew Adams)
- Drew is still getting familiar with our various locals and chapters
Next Board meeting will be on Tuesday, November 7th
Steve moved that we have the next Board meeting on Tuesday, Nov 7th for LISA debrief. Andy seconded. After discussion, the motion passed unanimously.
Someone (Scott?) Motioned for Adjournment Andy Seconded