Board meeting Minutes/2 July 2012
< Board meeting Minutes
Revision as of 17:40, 29 July 2012 by Ski (Populate page from internal wiki: Board_meeting_Minutes/2_July_2012)
18 Jun 2012
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
16 July 2012
Minutes approved: 16 July 2012
- (Subject to verification) Philip Kizer (chair), William Bilancio, Dan Rich, Jesse Trucks, Matt Disney, Ski Kacoroski,
- Lois Bennett, Chris St. Pierre, Nadine Miller
- 0901pm Eastern Time
- 0942pm Eastern Time
- Approve minutes of 18 Jun 2012
- Treasurer's report
- Membership report
- Problem with some members getting registered twice from PICC and Cascadia conference due to them using a different email at the conference than what they did for LOPSA. Dan is looking into a fix.
- Technical services report
- Move to new server is still in work.
- Conference/events activities report
- SCALE is next big conference. Board decided to work on LISA at the Face to Face meeting to get new members involved.
- Mentorship Status report
- Jesse will follow up with Mentorship team to see how they are doing.
- Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
- We have insurance as a benefit now. We will have a web page up by the next meeting.
- Upcoming LOPSAgram and #lopsa-live (last meeting of the month only)
- LOPSAgram on schedule for early July.
- Liaison reports (LC, etc.)
- No report tonight for the LC, Tom and I are syncing up tomorrow evening - drich
Executive Session (Kizer)
SysAdmin Appreciation Day (Matt)
- Promotional membership discount. How much?
- Decided to run the week before until Monday the 30th. Memberships will be $35 during this time.
- Gift memberships. In-Honor status in Civi?
- Dan will figure out how much work this is to do.
- $100 match from LOPSA for locals for SysAdmin Appreciation Day events. wbilancio to contact locals?
- Decided to match up to $100.
- Twitter hashtag campaign? #hugyoursysadmin ?
- Decided this was a good idea.
- Center for Internet Security still pending. Call tomorrow. Hoping for cooperative membership discount or benchmark access for LOPSA members.
- Gifts: Donated book from TAL. Still seeking donations or sponsorships. Drawing? How to enter? SysAdmin short story contest?
- Decided to ask the new folks for more ideas on this.
Next Agenda item... (NAME)
First new item...
Dan motioned to adjourn at 942pm, William seconded